Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

The best performance for a while at home and a deserved win. We looked good from the start and should have been two up before half time but their keeper made some great saves, again the sending off made the difference and we didn't look back. The goals themselves were great and very well taken and I still think Cad's desrves a goal and he was so close too.

Yeh from a Leicester fan, I have to give credit to you lot. I was never impressed when I came to see you play last season but you really surprised me yesterday. Its bound to help when you are playing a team as poor as ours, we are one of the worst in the Championship but the goals were taken very well and it looks like a very capable side has been built up there. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Originally posted by sheffieldfox

Yeh from a Leicester fan, I have to give credit to you lot. I was never impressed when I came to see you play last season but you really surprised me yesterday. Its bound to help when you are playing a team as poor as ours, we are one of the worst in the Championship but the goals were taken very well and it looks like a very capable side has been built up there. Good luck for the rest of the season.

when you came last time (2 seasons since) you played long ball, and really made the game really drawn out, thankfully we won that one too!

yesterdays passing was great, and great result

i think leicester should be where we are anyways, you have some great players, dublin conolly scowcroft gillespie heath morris

mind you, i dont think morris expected the reception he got, but he fully deserved it!!

all in all, great performance

BRING ON WIGAN

Yes bring on Wigan!

They (Wigan) have lost their last three and speculation of their strikers going in January looks like it has upset them. However, we don't want a backlash and loose by 4 goals like at Wigan.

I do believe we can sneak into the top 3 at least before the end of the season. We have played really bad and had our dip when we conceded 10 in 3 matches earlier on in the season, then we played bad but got some decent results in, now we are playing the best football and hopefully it can lift us even higher than 5th.

Well lost again to Wigan 6-0 in 2 matches not good enough,we have lost to most of the top 5,what chance have we of automatic promotion or even the playoffs if we cannot beat the other teams above us,Warnock need,s a couple of good strong midfield hardmen & a good striker if there are any out there to be found.Our midfield is lightweight & the strikers cannot score against quality teams.We would get slaughtered in the Premiere League.Let's hope we can do better on Monday against West Ham who have beaten Ipswich 2-0,fingers X for that match.UP THE BLADES

Originally posted by tosh13

Well lost again to Wigan 6-0 in 2 matches not good enough,we have lost to most of the top 5,what chance have we of automatic promotion or even the playoffs if we cannot beat the other teams above us,Warnock need,s a couple of good strong midfield hardmen & a good striker if there are any out there to be found.Our midfield is lightweight & the strikers cannot score against quality teams.We would get slaughtered in the Premiere League.Let's hope we can do better on Monday against West Ham who have beaten Ipswich 2-0,fingers X for that match.UP THE BLADES

well lets see who we can buy with all our little money.....

its all very wel stating what we need, but how we get this is a tottally different matter,

yes we was second best today, and i really just dont know what happened, every ball seemedd to go to the opposition, and i dont think wigan was that good, more that we was ust that poor, which annoys me after sucha good performance against leicester

oh well..... bring on west ham

Despite our recent run of decent performances, I still don't think we'll be promoted. The defeat against Wigan shows we don't have that cutting edge, Villa will embarass us if we play like that.

If you look at the teams around us, they all have a decent set of strikers who score on a regular basis. We don't seem to have a 'first choice' strike partnership.

Warnock, please please please get rid of Ward and Shaw.

I know we can't afford to buy a decent striker, but there are plenty of premiership sides who have both promising and more experienced players gagging for action. Surely it would make more sense to secure one on loan, get rid of all the stop-gap players, and try and forge a consistent partnership up front.

Originally posted by Agent ****

Villa will embarass us if we play like that.

Forget that it's West Ham i'm botherd about giving us a whooping if we play like that. I was hoping all the floodlights would have gone off and the game getting abandoned. We could not hold the ball or pass it to a red and white shirt. Corners seem to be a problem of late, we could not take a corner to save our lives and defending them was awful.

Well look at Leeds they are millions in debt but still go out & pay £750,000 for Healy.Wigan have a chairman who will back the club with money so they stand a good chance of promotion with a £15 million bounty.Wigan get on average 10,500 fans at home games & that includes the away fans,Utd get 20.000 + so where is all the money going,it has always been the same for as long as I can remember sell our best players & bring mediocre players in.If the Utd board want promotion then the only way is give the manager some money.Speculate to Acumulate.The transfer market is better now players are being sold at rock bottom prices.If the rumours are correct Utd are looking at John Stead at Blackburn,he had a cracking first season but he is struggling at the moment,I reckon Utd should put in a bid for him,if we cannot at least afford £1 milion for a decent player to get in the Premiereship then we are only going to be a average Championship side settled on staying in there because the Board are frightened to death of going up.UP THE BLADES.

I agree Tosh, the excuse is the season of '98 when we spent some money and missed out on the playoffs to the ginger, toothless, scotsman Hopkins fluke goal (i'm not bitter still:mad: )

Ever since then we have been reluctant to spend big when needed but still we can manage to sell good players off.

Archived