Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Too true D.What a good win at West Ham,although they were poor,Utd played the same formation which beat Derby,so why didn't we play the same formation against Wigan to nullify there strike threat,Morgan & Cullip were outstanding,so were the midfield & Geary is becoming a decent player.Well Villa on Saturday & they have just lost to Palace,so we may have a good chance if we play as good as today.But we are at home I feel some of the players get nervous,but we have a great away record.So I am being positive we will beat Villa 2-1.UP THE BLADES

Originally posted by Robbie_Lovin

well lets see who we can buy with all our little money.....

its all very wel stating what we need, but how we get this is a tottally different matter,

yes we was second best today, and i really just dont know what happened, every ball seemedd to go to the opposition, and i dont think wigan was that good, more that we was ust that poor, which annoys me after sucha good performance against leicester

oh well..... bring on west ham

Tell me why a team like West Ham can go to Ipswich & beat them & Utd cannot get a draw against Wigan,but then we can go & beat West Ham.Utd have always had the same mentallity of where is the money coming from,we are better off than most teams in the division.But even the lower teams scrape the money they need to get a better player.Football is a business & just keeping your head above water is no good for that business, you have to have the guts to spend that money & if promotion happens then £15 million is worth taking that risk for.

A friend of mine has just sent a txt saying I should be gutted because ex owls are playing well for us. Like a give a :suspect: where they come from! I would be more p***ed as an owl that it's happening.

They're Red, They're White (even though there's no white lettering) They played for the :heyhey:

Well done lads, bring on the Villa Saturday:clap:

Well D it would take a owls fan to think with that logic,how stupid some are,if the ex owls players were crap I could understand his sense,but there loss our gain,the are reds now so who cares UP THE BLADES

Originally posted by tosh13

Too true D.What a good win at West Ham,although they were poor,Utd played the same formation which beat Derby,so why didn't we play the same formation against Wigan to nullify there strike threat,

ok lets have a look at this.......

warnock starts with 5 defenders against wigan and only one up front? i can just see the scenario now.......

there would be abuse hurled at him an you know it

now im not saying it would be a bad formation to play against such teams as wigan, but sadly its the people who like to be heard that really are the negative ones!!

as for spending a million on jon stead, are you trying to make me laugh? you want to spend a million on a player who has not yet even scored in the prem this season?? tosh i know you love the team, but some of the coments you have are quite laughable, yes we may get a lot more revenue that a lot of teams in this league, but that is no reason to go out and buy players nilly willy,

you mention leeds getting healy for 750k, ok ok ok, god signing for them, a player i would like to see down at the lane......

but what you have to remember, regardless of the debt leeds are in, they earn a lot more through ticket sales/shirts etc, not forgetting they are still getting large parachute payments from the premiership too, they also raised massive funds from player sales, yes i know this goes towards the debt, but from all the players they sold, they can afford to splash on a few players!!

and i dont think we are any longer a "selling" club as such, yes we sold brown, but that was rather than lose him for nothing in the sumer, and i know you will come back with the simple "what if we had gone up he would have stayed" well sadly...... we did not look like we would be going up, and who is to say he would have ACTUALY stayed with us if we had got promotion, in my honest opinion, it was a good decision to sell due to the fact that he was not performing to the standards us blades (and now spurs) know what he could actually.

but yeah, great result today, and shows why we have the best away record in the league (lets forget the ipswich/wigan away games lol)

what a great result for us, a quality performance all round from what i heard, good to see kenny keep a clean sheet altho to be perfectly honest i would prefer to have kept bennet in goal for us, kenny just doesn't look the same keeper as he did a couple of years ago!

Bring on villa on saturday though- they are on a bad run and our confidence must be sky high after yesterdays result!!!

Archived