Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Originally posted by Patchy

Does anyone believe the rumour that Warnock has applied for the Coventry job? I hope it isn't true. If he leaves the Blades now then all his good work over the last few years could be wasted and we could end up going the way Nottingham Forest have gone. :confused:

where exactly are you getting your rumours?? this is possibly the worst one i have evr heard!!

Originally posted by Patchy

Do people think Rob Hulse would be a good signing? According to Sky News the Blades are attempting to sign him from West Brom. I don't know much about him, except that he has hardly played this season.

he was scoring one in two down at crewe, he has done nothing at west brom, and i dont see how he is going to improve our side!!!

we need to sign luke rogers, ive said it before, but il keep saying it too

Originally posted by Robbie_Lovin

he was scoring one in two down at crewe, he has done nothing at west brom, and i dont see how he is going to improve our side!!!

we need to sign luke rogers, ive said it before, but il keep saying it too

13 goals from 31 appearances for WBA does not seem that bad a record to me.

I was thinking about the effect of Warnock leaving the Blades and actually came to the decision that when the time comes we've got a superb replacement in Stuart McCall. I believe our passing game has improved tremendously since he replaced the clueless David Kelly and the proof was there to see on Saturday.

He'd make a great and popular manager. It'd be fitting for Warnock to get us promoted and to then hand over the reigns to Stuart to avoid Mr Warnock's fast approaching heart attack!!!

But I agree with those who say we need the final piece of the jigsaw - an out and out 20+ striker like Huckerby was to Norwich. It's time to make that gamble, board.

Finally, what do you think of playing Jags up front? I think he'd be worth a go.

Originally posted by Robbie_Lovin

think you will find it is 46 appearances

35 starts and 11 as substitute

Yeah you're right.

However, prior to this season it was 13 goals in 35 starts (10 from 29 in League and 3 from 6 in cup). He had 4 substitute appearances last season. He's not made a start this season, just 7 substitute appearances.

Still, 10 goals from 29 starts at championship level is not a bad record. Would equate to 16 goals over a full season which is not bad for a holding player. Better than our Ashley would score anyway!!

Originally posted by MobileB

Yeah you're right.

However, prior to this season it was 13 goals in 35 starts (10 from 29 in League and 3 from 6 in cup). He had 4 substitute appearances last season. He's not made a start this season, just 7 substitute appearances.

Still, 10 goals from 29 starts at championship level is not a bad record. Would equate to 16 goals over a full season which is not bad for a holding player. Better than our Ashley would score anyway!!

ok ok...... yeah he would be better than ashley ward,

but i have to ask you the question whether this would be a good signing or not....... we are spending (reportedly) £250,000 on this player, he has scored ONE goal in his last 23 appearances, not really that good a record is it?

AS after all, he was in a promotion winning side, so it is not like he was in a relegation scrap!!!

Now is it worth spending, what is quite a bit of money for united, on this player? my answer would be no!!

We dont need another holding player, as Andy Gray can surely play this role if need be!!!

We should have broke the bank on this one, and offered 2.5 million to land ashton!! what a signing that would have been, and i think he is the type of player that would have us rocketing up the league!!

Or there are many others we could try for......

Aliadere or Lupoli from arsenal on loan!!

Jon Stead is still a chance, as long as we dont spend silly money on him, maybe make a 400,000 bid!!!

I know this one is maybe a bit too much for our liking, but getting kezman in on loan, he is doing nothing in prem, and perhaps we could get him on scoring ways!!

Jon Macken is another linked with a move to united, this would be a great signing (yes i know his record at man city is awful)

Bellion, another not doing good at his respective club, maybe needs first team football?

desire-job, a player who is not getting the action he wants, what more can you say when viduka and hasslebaink are first in the line? maybe nemeth too of boro??

Ameobi, another god young player, got potential

Steve Howard of Luton, good little player!!

Iain Hume, you know i woul love this one to come to lane as he has same surname as me :hihi:

Stuart Elliot of Hull, can also play in midfield too

or...... Derek Riordan!!! ibelieve he would relish english football

Yes i know im being very optimisticwith a few of these players, but as del boy says..... he who dares..... WINS

Robbie, you sure are optimistic. No bad thing. Just one thing missing from your list though. A bloke with a large wallet going by the name of Roman!

Some good players there though, but I can't see us attracting Premiership players the likes of Kezman. Better at attracting your up and coming youngsters from the lower leagues.

I'm also beginning to think that Kabba will never play again. I hope I'm wrong because he is the player we've missed for so long. His return to form would be like signing a £500,000 player all over again.

Brilliant game, really enjoyed it from start to finish, i think the fans (that turned up) were excellent, i havn't heard that much singing at home all season!!!!

Good performance from everyone apart from monty who still looks like a headless chicken- why he persists in him i do not know, geary was outstanding again, quinn was amazing, cullip played very well concidering the quality of angel, but is it just me or am i alone in thinking that cullip is just prone to the occasional ****-up??

Bring anyone on in the next round- as long as we are at home!!!!

Archived