Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

The West ham game will be a lot harder than the Villa game, both teams out for glory (and money). However, I do think we will do them over and get nice team next round. Let's just hope we don't slip against Brighton, the teams around us have some tricky away games except for Wigan who have Rotherham away. There's always hope though.

Middlesbro,Birmingham,Villa,Everton are interested in Jags & Tonge The Daily Mirror quotes if a club comes after them they are worth £3 mill each,but would let them go for £2 mill each as we are in need of the money.If we sell either player, that is the end of our promotion bid.I hope we can keep hold of both players, but after the Villa match the whole country saw how good both of the youngster,s are.So keep fingers crossed that the greedy premiere league clubs will keep there grubby hands off our best players.UP THE BLADES

Originally posted by tosh13

I hope so Robbie,but it has happened in the past we got Deane back Fjoortoft & looked a good side & sold them & the rest is history.

GRRRR i try forgetting about this day that it happened!!

ranks amongst my worst days as being a blade, obviously being young i dont go that far back.....

but there is the losing of the semi final against wendy

relegation in the last minute against chelsea

hopkins goal 97

losing 3-1 to port vale (heaths last game in charge)

losing 4-0 to sunderland

3-0 against wolves

but just a few, there are plenty more *sigh*

I will be gutted if tongue goes but personally if jags goes i don't think we will miss him that much- i certainly don;t want to sell him cos he could turn into one of our best youth players but i don't think it would affect our promotion chances.

Birmingham are looking to offer a striker + cash for jags this week.

Originally posted by tosh13

Middlesbro,Birmingham,Villa,Everton are interested in Jags & Tonge The Daily Mirror quotes if a club comes after them they are worth £3 mill each,but would let them go for £2 mill each as we are in need of the money.If we sell either player, that is the end of our promotion bid.I hope we can keep hold of both players, but after the Villa match the whole country saw how good both of the youngster,s are.So keep fingers crossed that the greedy premiere league clubs will keep there grubby hands off our best players.UP THE BLADES

We've just raised millions from a rights issue and received a £700,00 installment from the sale of Brown last year. We've also just received £250,000 from the Villa game (our share of receipts, tv money and prize money) - they used this to buy Cullip. If we are in need of money, as a shareholder, I will be asking very serious questions.

If Jags or Tonge go for £3million then that money would be reinvested in the team.

Originally posted by MobileB

We've just raised millions from a rights issue and received a £700,00 installment from the sale of Brown last year. We've also just received £250,000 from the Villa game (our share of receipts, tv money and prize money) - they used this to buy Cullip. If we are in need of money, as a shareholder, I will be asking very serious questions.

If Jags or Tonge go for £3million then that money would be reinvested in the team.

Agree 100% with you there, plus that chinese man has bought a stake in the club too hasn't he? i know he bought someone elses shares so the money doesn't go directly into the club but get him to dig into his pockets.

didn't the board issue a statement a while saying that we don't need to sell any players?

We need to get rid of this stigma of us as a "selling club"

Originally posted by Scottandandy

I will be gutted if tongue goes but personally if jags goes i don't think we will miss him that much- i certainly don;t want to sell him cos he could turn into one of our best youth players but i don't think it would affect our promotion chances.

Birmingham are looking to offer a striker + cash for jags this week- *edit*- i belive that it is stern john.

Archived