Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

as said previously, i dont know why we need a new striker,

if the opportunity arose to sign mellor then yes go for it, but to spend a million on somebody who is not even proven yet seems a bit drastic in all honesty!!! after all, it is not necessarily needed!!

as for yesterday.... well we was not very good, i thought after that FANTASTIC own by mayo (a player i think we should be looking at) that we may actually cruise to a lovely victory, how wrong was i!!

i think negativity in our play yesterday was really evident, one up front again, and i did not even know where liddell seemed to be playing!!

quinn was uneffective for some reason, harley also seemed lost.

bromby a solid player as ever, i dont think morgan did too badly (apart from the goals lol) cullip seems to like to hit the ball forward, i can picture it in my head now....... ball comes to cullip, he controls, then hits it forward, its like watching a video recording over and over again!!!

i feel for wright getting injured, but just cant understand why he was actually in the side!! another player which i could not tell where he was actually playing, but this was the worst player on the pitch, not for the first time this season either,

i know im going over the same old stuff but.... he cant kick with his right foot, he gives the bal away too much, he stands and watches the bal instead of trying to tackle, how this player spent a decade in the top flight i will never know!!

it isnot a coincedence that when he was dropped from the side we started playing good and actually winning games!!

Kenny AGAIN, just does not control his area, think we should get bennett in full time!!

The problem is, we should be beating these teams comfortably, i just cant nderstand some of the tactics warnock puts out sometimes!!!

I'll disagree Robbie. Morgan was awful. Cannot for life of me figure out why we dropped Geary for Morgan. We lost the right hand side outlet going forward which forced us down the middle or left. With that system and the opposition spreading 5 across midfield, we need to stretch them wide. Bromby is not a wing back but is super on right hand side of a defensive three (as shown against Villa). Therefore he should have left it alone and far from being negative, it would have seen Quinn, Tonge and Liddell in much better positions to support Gray.

Also Gray was not very good. WE DO NEED A POWERFUL ATTACKER!! If we can't get Roberts then we should look to someone like Akinbiyu or even the number 25 that came on as sub for Brighton yesterday. We are crying out for an attacker in this mould.

Gray - ball hits chest and bounces 6 foot off him. Does not know how to bring players around him into play and the free header that he missed from the corner - any decent centre forward would have eaten that for breakfast.

Having said all this, I thought our box to box play yesterday was excellent. Just lost it in the two boxes.

Geary suffered a dead leg against Villa.I think we need a 20 goal a season striker & Mellor could be that striker he has scored a few in the premiership this season & is quick & good on the ball.Our striker's have been inconsistant over the past few seasons ,look at our top goal scorer from 2003 it was Brown a midfielder,so that say's it all,we have not had a decent striker since Deano.Look at wigan both there top strikers have got over 30 goals between them this season & we are only halfway through the season.Helguson of Watford is a good striker but in the £2.5 million bracket & he is interesting some top clubs at the moment.UP THE BLADES

If we had a good striker we would be in the top 2 - no doubt about it- grey isn't good enough im afraid- nor is any of our strikers if we want to be pushing for promotion to the prem, the board and warnock need to be buying someone within the next couple of weeks or we can forget about it for this season.

Originally posted by Robbie_Lovin

Kenny AGAIN, just does not control his area, think we should get bennett in full time!!

Yep, said that after the Coventry game. When we signed Paul Gerrard last year on loan that was an opportunity missed to sign him after.

I like Kenny and I know he will do like Kelly later on in years but I feel he need competition and he doesn't realise how good he has it at this club at the moment so we should get a keeper in.

Originally posted by duffman

Yep, said that after the Coventry game. When we signed Paul Gerrard last year on loan that was an opportunity missed to sign him after.

I like Kenny and I know he will do like Kelly later on in years but I feel he need competition and he doesn't realise how good he has it at this club at the moment so we should get a keeper in.

agreed duffman,

he has no competition like when he had tracey to compete with (incidentally the time he made a name for himself)

i see you mention gerrard, i remember when he came to us, he was well good, and i was mightily impressed by him!! i think we would be able to sign him as forest are certs for relegation now,

as for mellor people........

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=250283&cpid=8&CLID=49&lid=&title=Mellor+in+Reds+vow&channel=Championship

its not looking good,

but........ lets bring ameobi in!!! season long loan, he would relish it

Well we have got the green light for Hao Haidong and he should play soon. But at 34 and not having played in England this is very risky if they want him to play in the first team (still, rather him than Ward)

I know that the Blades want him more as ambassador for the far east links to the team but you never know he may suprise everyone and get 20 goals before the end of the season:rolleyes: :suspect:

It looks like Mellor wont be coming then, but similar situations like this happen and he will end up at Wigan soon because they will splash the cash or get a loan deal when he realises he can't get in the team at Liverpool.

By the way has anybody seen the Fiat vans advert in the newspapers today? I will try and get a picture of it on here, very funny and it was about the Blades.

Originally posted by tosh13

,look at our top goal scorer from 2003 it was Brown a midfielder,so that say's it all,

im sorry ive also gotta come back to this comment,

brown scored i believe 22 goals that season!! i know there was nobody near him, but even if a striker had finished on 20 that would have been good!!

you make a good comment saying we need a 20 striker lad..... but to compare against a midfielder who scored an awful lot that season is a bit silly

Archived