Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Why is comparing a striker to a midfielder silly,a striker is paid to score goals & his reputation is built on that,a midfielder who scores 22 goals in 1 season is great but it should be the main striker who get's that amount not a midfielder.When was the last time a midfielder scored over 20 goals in the premiere league or in any of the other divisions,I cannot remember but would be grateful of any info to that fact.Brown has scored 1 goal since he has been at Spurs although he works hard the goals have dried up for him.Birmingham are after Brown to replace Savage,but he scores on a regular basis & has played for some years in the same league.I would feel great if any of our current strikers hit the 15 mark at least you could say they were half decent.UP THE BLADES.

Originally posted by scottf

Didn't borwn take the penalties that year though?? we had quite a few?

Speaking of penalties- have we had one this season yet?

He took a few but Asaba had some aswell. Brown scored 7 out of 8 pens, the only one he missed was against Wolves in the Playoff final:(

Originally posted by scottf

Didn't borwn take the penalties that year though?? we had quite a few?

Speaking of penalties- have we had one this season yet?

Not had one all season. Having said that not conceeded many either (3 I think).

Originally posted by duffman

He took a few but Asaba had some aswell. Brown scored 7 out of 8 pens, the only one he missed was against Wolves in the Playoff final:(

So thats only 15 goals he properly scored- not a bad total for a midfielder.

WTF?! I started that thread as there were too many threads going about on the Blades. In theory then this thread will get too big so what was the point?

But since it is closed (for) now I will post accordingly. Wright had made his way back into the team and so it was a blow to the squad especially after loaning Kozzy out, it will put a bit more pressure on the left side of the team.

Archived