Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Originally posted by carcrash

Thank you Lickszz.

Who is this Chinese player we are buying, Anybody know anything about him and who should we laugh at most, Leeds or that other sheffield team with cuddley Ken offering them money

he is called hai dong, and apparently still plays for the national team!! he is tall so that is good, but i dnot think he will play that much!!

Originally posted by Tosh13

Brown has scored 1 goal since he has been at Spurs although he works hard the goals have dried up for him[/b]

agreed the goals have dried up for him, but he has scored 2 goals!!

anyways.......... i feel for wrighty being injured, but perhaps it is a blessing in disguise,

we should now go out and sign a midfielder...... we should sign pablo counago, he is available on a free, and is a terrific player!!

Ameobi looks like he may be able to move out on loan (which i suggested previously) due to newcastle about to sign yakubu!!

anyways..... good to see the thread back open

Originally posted by Patchy

Its nice to have the thread reopened! :thumbsup:

Any ideas on who the 2 strikers Warnock has made bids on are? Seems like one of them is that Stoke striker, who Wigan have also made a bid for.

Akinbiyi?

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=251092&cpid=10&CLID=110&lid=&title=Blades+make+double+bid&channel=Championship

he has actually stated he wants to end his career at stoke,

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=250864&CPID=10&CLID=110&lid=&title=Akinbiyi+staying+put&channel=Championship

but then.....

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=251093&CPID=10&CLID=110&lid=&title=Ade+blast+for+Stoke&channel=Championship

but i dont think akinibiyi is so stupid to leave stoke, remember what happened when he left bristol to go to wolves? his career nose dived!!! and he has finally found somewhere that he is doing well at again, he should not risk it!!

i remember when he had just joined wolves and he came down to the lane, 2 yards from the line of an open goal, he skied it!!!

echoing round the lanes "WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY" quality

Have just had a text of my mate who is a stoke fan saying that we have had that bid for akinibiyi turned down but he is more than willing to offer us asaba instead- he even said he would help him pack and give him a lift to bramall lane :D :D

Originally posted by carcrash

Thank you Lickszz.

Who is this Chinese player we are buying, Anybody know anything about him and who should we laugh at most, Leeds or that other sheffield team with cuddley Ken offering them money

Yes thank you Likszz:thumbsup:

Hai dong was rated at £8m four years ago when the Blades were first interested in him and an academy over there.

The main reason we want him is beacause he is one of the most respected players in the far east so it will prompt any young prospect that wants to play in England not just to think of Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal, etc. He is also an international and at 34 that's good no matter what country it is. You never know he may get 20 goals for us:hihi:

What is scary is that Ward is back, although he did score the winner in the reserve game the other day :o

Archived