Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Originally posted by matt1889

U off to Ipswich tomorrow Norton?

What u reckon bout Flitcroft signing?

Matt

Nah, I'm working tomorrow but sending my representatives :) Not working for Derby and Plymouth though, and booked the Saturday off for THE Derby (watch 'em go and change it to a Sunday now!) I'll be sat at home biting my nails and listening to the radio but it guarantees a win if I don't go to an away match!

Flitcroft is a very good signing IMO, as Warnock's said, midfield has lacked leadership since McCall hung his boots up. He's won me over before playing with his comments about Leeds!

Originally posted by Norton

He's won me over before playing with his comments about Leeds!

Yes me too! He's either a very wise person realising that United have a better chance of promotion than Leeds, or is out to make new friends quickly......or both! Great signing IMO but time will tell. UTB:clap:

Originally posted by Norton

Just to remind you all, Coca Cola's win a player is back. You know the deal, more times you enter, better chance you've got of bagging £10k for yourself and £250k for your club to sign a new player.

You can enter once every day and the clubs are placed on a league table of the number of votes. It's important to spread the word around your Blades mates, as L**ds are currently first with Wendy in second. We're 6th at the time of writing.

http://www.coca-colafootball.co.uk/

Remember, do it every day! :D

Bump for anybody who missed this.

Oh well, another point.

9 points behind Reading and 12 in front of L**ds, who have a game in hand. Hopefully, the cup will start to take its toll on these two.

Worrying about Webber, but hopefully it's just a twinge.

Just waiting for the report from the other half, who swanned off down there after dropping me off at work this morning :(

PS: Southend are catching us, remember to vote every day: http://www.coca-colafootball.co.uk/

EDIT: In contrast to the radio commentary, the other half (foxy) sounded very positive about our performance :)

ANOTHER EDIT: NW has apparently said Webber's hamstring is pulled not ripped, but will be a couple of weeks before he's back at best.

That is bad news about Webber,Shipperly was poor today,he hardly won anything & K Edwards said he looked tired,for christ sake these are professional footballers who are supposed to be super fit.I though we did well with our approach play but up front upto Webbers goal we were poor.We now need a striker more than ever with Webber being out, as Kabba did not do it for me,I do not know what is up with him,at the start of the season he was like a greyhound he is more like a whippet now.Come on Kabba get your finger out.A point is better than none,it is another point toward's promotion & what about big mouth L***S saying in the DM they can emulate the great team of the 70s,I do not know what some of there players are on bit they are living in dreamland if they think they can get even close to the great side of the 70s.UP THE MIGHTY BLADES

Originally posted by tosh13

That is bad news about Webber,Shipperly was poor today,he hardly won anything & K Edwards said he looked tired,for christ sake these are professional footballers who are supposed to be super fit.I though we did well with our approach play but up front upto Webbers goal we were poor.We now need a striker more than ever with Webber being out, as Kabba did not do it for me,I do not know what is up with him,at the start of the season he was like a greyhound he is more like a whippet now.Come on Kabba get your finger out.A point is better than none,it is another point toward's promotion & what about big mouth L***S saying in the DM they can emulate the great team of the 70s,I do not know what some of there players are on bit they are living in dreamland if they think they can get even close to the great side of the 70s.UP THE MIGHTY BLADES

I'm reserving my judgment over the players, as obviously I didn't see them play.

There are a number of times I have watched a match and had positive thoughts and feelings about players, only to come back and see that Keith Edwards has (unwittingly?) been spreading vitriol meaning all hell has broke loose on the message boards by people who take his word as gospel.

I'll wait to see what my partner has said regarding the players later.

I saw Utd on the Championship this morning & Shipperly hardly touched the ball,K Edwards was not the only one saying that Shipperly looked tired the other Guy said the same.The commentators on the radio have a job to do & they say things as they are seen,I missed the team line ups & thought that Shipps was on the bench as he was not mentioned for 15 mins & as for the Ipswich goal Kenny was placed wrong again,as a shot stopper he is first class but at free kicks he is found wanting.I am no goalkeeper but I would have been further to the right rather than in the center of the net.We should have been at least 3 up before half time.As I said Warnock needs to look for a striker & what do I see on Ceefax papers round up News of the World we have offered £1.5m for Akyinbiyi but the offer was turned down,so another offer of £1.75m has been made,I wish Warnock would go for Horsefield,he at least has scored in the top flight.UP THE MIGHTY BLADES

MK Dons have issued a statement saying that they are willing to accept an offer of 600k rising to a total of 1.3M after clauses, it is believed Blades boss Neil Warnock will table a bid of around that figure.

The former Derby striker McLeod played just one game for the Blades (+ 6 as sub) whilst on loan during the 2003-04 season.

Meanwhile, speculation continues involving highly rated forward Geoff Horsfield. Blades-Mad reported on 4 January that the Blades are interested in the Barnsley born striker.

It is now believed, according to The League Paper that United are very close to completing the signing of Horsfield.

Archived