Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Originally posted by matt1889

Thanx Norton! Ur a real Gem xxxxxx

I do try :)

I'm a ST holder who didn't go to Ipswich, apparently there were less than 2000 there and not all of them would have been ST holders. Think I'm fine for a ticket :)

Utd looking at another offer for Jerome & Akyinbyi,as Webber looks like being out for at least 2 weeks.What has happened to Brian Deane there is no squad mention or number,if it's right that the banks have told Cardiff to accept the Utd bid,then they should get on with it as Warnock said no one else will go in with the sort of silly money Hamamm is talking about.Horsefield was not in the WBA squad because he is injured.UP THE MIGHTY BLADES

Originally posted by tosh13

What has happened to Brian Deane there is no squad mention or number

He was apparently three weeks from fitness on the day of the Hull match. They're probably waiting to see if we'll be signing someone else before they assign him a squad number.

From the lane:

Official sources have just released that Danny Webber will be out for at least 4 week's as his injury is a tear rather than a strain. Warnock states "It's hit us at thew wrong time really, we only currently have 2 strikers fit at the moment, We aim to get Danny fit in time for the derby at Hillsborough" (18th Feb).

From the paper:

Liverpool sources have released that they have rejected an approach by the blades to loan Neil Mellor until the end of the season, they also indicate that they believe Warnock will table a £1.2million bid for Mellor in the next few days. (Daily Mail)

Sorry mate going blind,if it's right then we are going to be short of strikers,but the worry about Mellor who I rate he has had 2 bad knee op's & would he be match fit.

Yeah sure but it put's the doubt in the back of your mind,look when Kabba got his first heavy tackle & went down everybody held there breathe.I like Mellor he is a good young player who in my opinion has more experience than Jerome & look at the price.I just hope that Warnock get's a striker sooner than later,as Kabba has not played too well & Shipps has played more matches for us than nearly all the teams since he was young & we could do with some cover for him.UP THE MIGHTY BLADES

Archived