Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

News Courtesy of 4 Morning Tabloids : (Daily Star, Daily Mirror, Daily Mail and The Sun)

Sheffield United last Night made a double £1million swoop for West Broms veteran striker Geoff Horsfield and Mk Dons Izale McLeod...........

Again I think somebody of Horsfields calibre would be handy from now until the end of the season.

McLeod - Was'nt he on our books a couple of yr ago?, we got him as part of the Pesky deal did we not?

Matt

Yes he was playing for Derby County,there has been a few clubs showing interest in him,I would think it would be good business to get both of them for that money,instead of the stupid money wanted by the mighty midget at Cardiff,no one has been in with 1 offer since Hamamm told of his bargain price of £3.5m for Jerome.UP THE MIGHTY BLADES.

Just read that Horsefield is out with a hamstring problem,so unless Warnock gets a fit striker I cannot see him coming to the lane.

With United anxiously waiting the result of the scan which will reveal the extent of Danny Webber's hamstring damage, Neil Warnock's striker hunt has taken on new intensity.

Midway through the transfer window the Blades boss knows he might have to cover a further option if Webber is ruled out for several weeks.

His hunt has been primarily centred on a big target man alternative in the Neil Shipperley mould as Webber and Steven Kabba could contest the speedy, mobile role.

The Blades boss, however, who has confirmed that his bid for Cardiff's Cameron Jerome is still on the table, is confident of adding to his strikeforce in time:

"We have bids in for three or four strikers, and we know the prices that some clubs are putting on their players. I'm sure that I'll be able to do business by the end of January."

17 Games to go & my Predictions on Win/Draw or Lose.

1-Brighton -Home -Win- 3-1 (Jagielka-Iffill-Tonge)

2-Derby -Away -Win -0-1 (Akyinbyi)

3-Watford -Home-Win-1-4 Lost,Unsworth Sent Off.GS Ifill

4-Plymouth -Away-Win

5-Reading -Home -Draw

6-Owls -Away -Win

7-QPR-Home -Win

8-Crewe-Home-Win

9-Coventry -Away-Draw

10-Norwich-Away-Draw

11-Southampton -Home -Win

12-Stoke-Away-Draw

13-Hull -Home-Win

14-Cardiff -Away-Draw

15-L***s-Home-Win

16-Luton-Away-Draw

17-Palace-Home-Win

I am glad someone agree's with me,but although we seem to struggle against the sides lower down the table than us,I just think we will get promoted & being positive is the best thing to be,we have had many false dawns but this is our big chance to play in the top flight.My only worry is the injury to Webber & who will we get in to replace him as Kabba is not on fire at the moment.

The agent of Southampton defender Chris Baird has claimed that Sheffield United have made an enquiry for his client.

Gary Williams, who represents the Northern Ireland international, said: "Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday, Norwich, Plymouth, Leeds and Watford have all enquired about Chris

1-Brighton -Home -Win

2-Derby -Away -Lose

3-Watford -Home-Draw

4-Plymouth -Away-Win

5-Reading -Home -Draw

6-Owls -Away -Win

7-QPR-Home -Win

8-Crewe-Home-Win

9-Coventry -Away-Draw

10-Norwich-Away-Lose

11-Southampton -Home -Draw

12-Stoke-Away-Win

13-Hull -Home-Win

14-Cardiff -Away-Draw

15-L***s-Home-Draw

16-Luton-Away-Win

17-Palace-Home-Draw

I reckon we'll take 30-40 points out of a possible 51.........

Archived