Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Originally posted by tinsel_ninja

Warnock's style and the players are well suited to doing well in the championship, by being physical, but from those that have gone up over recent years it's been those that play flowing attacking football that have done better - West Ham and Wigan for example.

Where do United get this press from of a "physical side"? We have a relatively short team (Geary, Quinn, Monty, Kabba etc.) and no-one towers above the rest.

We're also fairly lightweight (Unsworth and Shipperley aside of course) even Ifill who looks big falls over at a breath of wind.

And by saying West Ham played attractive football in the Championship last season? Now you are having a laugh love! At the Boleyn, they were the dirtiest team I saw last season with Edward Sherringham constantly bitching like a woman in the referee's ear.

I think we'd do well in the Premiership. Don't believe the hype, we do play passing and free-flowing football down the wings to our speedy forwards. It isn't all route-one stuff.

Just look at Neil's recent record against Premiership clubs... not all that bad is it?

PS: Our match against you at St. Mary's gets my award for "brass monkey weather" this season! I thought it was meant to be tropical dahn sarrff ;)

Originally posted by subliminal

if your applying for a blades ticket for the wendy / united match and you apply by post can you pay by cash ? cheque ? postal order ? or credit card details?

Don't half have to spoonfeed some people ;)Ticket details. Enclose a covering letter stating what you want and how many of and if you're paying by card, your credit card details (along with all the CVV codes and expiry dates just to be sure). Otherwise, just pop your payment method in with the letter AND don't forget your stubs :)

Originally posted by Norton

[Don't half have to spoonfeed some people ;)Ticket details. Enclose a covering letter stating what you want and how many of and if you're paying by card, your credit card details (along with all the CVV codes and expiry dates just to be sure). Otherwise, just pop your payment method in with the letter AND don't forget your stubs :) [/b]

thanking you kindly :thumbsup:

Originally posted by syko1979

Akinbiyi's lawyer Gary Mellor said: "We are aware that a seven-figure offer has been turned down and that another offer has been made which Burnley are considering."

surely we can spend a million+ on someone with their whole career ahead of them.

MELLOR for example.

Here we the Blades fans discussing seven figure players and the Piggies are having threads about WINNING wendy a player and begging each other to vote and bumping the thread up every day :clap: :clap: :clap:

i felt bad for them that i bumped it up today .

It doesnt get any better being a Blade does it :hihi: :hihi:

Regards CB

UTB

FTO

A good win for the reserves,Deane scored 2 & played for 75 mins & Flitcroft played well.Just wondering who we will be signing today,I cannot believe we will pay up to £1.5 for Aky,ok he is having a decent first half of the season,but's let's not forget he was useless in the top flight,but he may just be a late starter LOL.UP THE MIGHTY BLADES

Anyone going on saturday? only £10 to get in- should be a good game- im presuming it could also be deano's debut too!!!

Am taking the g/f to the platinum suite for the first time, ill see if i can pick up on any gossip about transfers ;)

Neil Warnock has rubbished reports that he is interested in signing Southampton defender Chris Baird.

United, along with Yorkshire rivals Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday, have been linked with the Northern Ireland international by various media sources.

But Warnock has confirmed: "I'm not interested in Baird and have not made an approach for him - the only contact I've had was his agent ringing me."

Originally posted by canadablade

Here we the Blades fans discussing seven figure players and the Piggies are having threads about WINNING wendy a player and begging each other to vote and bumping the thread up every day :clap: :clap: :clap:

I just wish the player in question was not Ade Akinbiyi.

Neil Warnock has said he is not aware of United making a second bid for Burnley hitman Ade Akinbiyi.

The Blades had an undisclosed bid publicly rejected by the Clarets earlier this week and some media reports suggested that an improved offer had been made.

But on Thursday Warnock did not believe that to be the case and confirmed that he also had other irons in the fire.

Warnock said: "I'm not aware of a second bid. We did have one in but we have other options. On Monday we should know about two other bids we have made.

"We have to make a decision shortly because of the end of the transfer window coming up but we will get Brighton out of the way and then look into it. I'm confident I can get someone in but I always am."

He adds: "If the situation stays as it is we need to a bit of luck by staying clear of injuries. Webber is out for a couple of weeks but thank goodness we have the likes of Shipperley and Kabba, who had just signed his new contract."

The "selling" clubs are acting very strangely this year what with Hamman being a dick and now Burnleys chairman is saying we've made a 2nd bid when we haven't.

We need more regulations on the purchase of players because it's all getting a bit childish.

Archived