Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

To be fair to Ifill the whole team (save for Geary) was awful for 60 mins.

Missed short passes, aimless long passes and to be fair a lack of direction.

All we did was knock it long down the wings and expect whoever was on the end of it to make something out of nothing. That's not Ifill's strength and I doubt whether Gillespie would have looked much better.

It was no coincidence that when we started knocking it about in the second half Ifill came into the game and made a real contribution.

The way he intercepted play and passed to Kabba for Kabba to play in Tongey was sheer class.

You also need to remember that he hasn't had a good run in the side what with injuries and the form of Gillespie.

Once he gets half a dozen games in a row he'll start to show how good he is.

Plus. He'll be loads more effective in the prem (if we get there) because he'll have time on the ball. You don't get that in our league.

UTB

Saturday's Match!:

I think everything has more or less been said allready but:

Ifil:-

I think most people would agree, but first half his performance was shocking, his pass completion wasn't even 50%, We did'nt create anything due to the fact that he was'nt running at players and most of the fans around me were calling for him to be taken off! ALLTHOUGH......... Most of the team looked a bit shakey through-out the first half, so maybe it's a tad unfair to pinpoint Ifil???

Tongue:-

He was a real positive from the game!...... By far the Man-Of-The-Match, he looked dangerous all the time, his best performance of the campaign so far, and it's a brilliant time in the season for him to start performing!

Saturday's Match!:

I think everything has more or less been said allready but:

Ifil:-

I think most people would agree, but first half his performance was shocking, his pass completion wasn't even 50%, We did'nt create anything due to the fact that he was'nt running at players and most of the fans around me were calling for him to be taken off! ALLTHOUGH......... Most of the team looked a bit shakey through-out the first half, so maybe it's a tad unfair to pinpoint Ifil???

Like I said. You can't expect a winger to get on the end of long balls and if you are gonna pump it long to him you can't expect that he'll control the ball every time (when he's being clattered by the defender) and make a mazy run and deliver a telling cross.

Play into his feet or a yard in front of him and he's class. We need to play to his strengths.

Im sorry all but i am going to back Ifill this time. He may have had a bad first half but second he was fantastic. Not just because he scored a goal but the was him and quinn played together on the right wing. They were playing some nice stuff together and I think Ifill deserves the man of the match for that game.

I don't always back Ifill, in fact i have been slagging him off for the past couple of months. I just can't knock his performance on saturday.

If fans barrack a player too much his confidence goes & any money paid for that player devalues,do we really want to lose £800.000,the lad has only been in the team five minutes,look at Tonge he played awful at the end of last season & the beginning of this,that is why Warnock dropped him.A winger is only as good as the ball sent to him,like syko1979 said he gets whacked by a defender & loses the ball it is not his fault,he played really well in the 2nd half,if Iffil plays bad for half a dozen matches from start to finish then drop him,but I think it's time the lad should be able to get on with his job without boos ringing in his ears.UP THE MIGHTY BLADES

Archived