Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

i was having a RIGHT go at ifill in the first half until my dad quietly pointed out to me that the 2 gentlemen in the row below me were his family- whoops :hihi:

apart from that -not a bad game in the second half, they never looked a threat did they! Tongy, Armstrong and jags all had a great game and kabba looked sharper than he has been for a while!!!

Does anyone else think that our defence looks x10 more solid when short is in there with bromby??

Bit of a bummer with the wednesday tickets though- not going to be able to get one now i don't think so if ANYONE has any spare tickets i would be very very very VERY appreciative if you could let me know!! :D

I reckon there's a lot of potential down the right with Ifill and Geary.

Geary was my man of the match on Saturday. He read the game so well and was never out of position.

Plus he bombed forward loads in the second half and his little interchanges with Ifill had Brighton all over the place.

If we play those 2 together against quality oppostion (ie Reading) that aren't out to contain us I reckon they could be our match winners you know.

Play them together for a few matches first and let them build up a good understanding.

NB: Did anyone else think that little Carole fella looked class for Brighton? He looked very positive every time he had the ball and had our back four worried a few times.

I reckon we should have a look at him.

Even after the crap first half we never looked bothered by them and it was only a matter of time before we got our act together.]

Kabba - was good to see him staying on his feet, it's been his main problem in the last few months. People were giving him grief in the 1st half for trying a couple of flicks etc. but to be honest he had no support anyway and was closed down by 3 or 4 players so didn't have much else to do. Nice to see him turning the full backs inside out on a few occasions.

Ifill - played crap first half and he knew it. The guy is a confidence player and once he'd scored he looked a different player. Sure he looks lazy at times but he can pull a rabbit out of the hat. If we actually get behind him instead of whining like arseholes then just maybe he'll play like that a lot more often - same goes for Kabs.

Tonge - I reckon we can say he's back to his best, in fact I'd say he's even better. He's toughened up and gets stuck in. It's not very often you see someone want the ball as much as he did in the 2nd half. His passing and movement was inspired and with his performances in the last few games he sooo deserved a goal which he finished in style. Ifill and Kabs did great to put him on his way as well. Man of the match without a doubt.

Deane - great reception and moved well for a guy of his age. Reckon he can and will do a job. Would have been great if his header had gone in :) Funny to see the short arse trying to square up to him - what exactly did he think he was gonna do?

Ref - seemed to be obsessed with drop balls, the first 2 fair enough but heaven knows why he gave the 3rd. Must have been tripping.

Linesman (sorry - assistant ref.) - if he spent time watching the game instead of talking to people maybe he'd have seen the ball go 4 foot off the pitch.....

Crowd - terrible first half but woke up a bit in the 2nd. The first half was embarrrassing but it's what usually happens when there's a ticket promotion on.

Ifill - played crap first half and he knew it. The guy is a confidence player and once he'd scored he looked a different player. Sure he looks lazy at times but he can pull a rabbit out of the hat. If we actually get behind him instead of whining like arseholes then just maybe he'll play like that a lot more often - same goes for Kabs.

AGREE TOTALLY.

SPOT ON FNKYSKNKY.

Archived