Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Fellow Championship outfit Norwich City look set to table an offer in excess of £3million for Cameron Jerome. With debts piling up, such a massive fee will really tempt CCFC owner Sam Hammam, who has already stood firm on two bids from Sheffield United.Well Norwich now have the cash to beat us to Jerome,I am sorry but we are serious contenders for promotion & should be buying up & coming talent.West Ham went into the Premiereship & showed they are determined to stay there,I just hope we do not pay a £1m for some donkey.UP THE BLADES

Ratings For The Blades vs Brighton Match:

Kenny 6.5 - Had little to for most of the game. No chance with the goal, which was very well taken.

Geary 7 - Did okay, save for one rash tackle that saw him cautioned. He got forward and supported Ifill well, especially in the second half.

Unsworth 7 - A few hesitant moments mixed with some crunching tackles and nicely angled balls when going forward. Not really tested today though as Brighton did not really play with out-and-out wingers.

Bromby 7.5 - A comfortable afternoon for the most part. Defended calmly.

Short 7.5 - Real surprise he started but a pleasing one as the defence always looks much more secure for his presence.

Jagielka 7.5 - Played well and it looks like a good partnership with Tonge is developing. The two interchanged nicely and Jagielka won the ball well and kept it moving. Took his goal superbly and got stronger as the game went on.

TONGE 8 - United's best player. He harried, tackled and chased for 90 minutes, but his passing was excellent throughout. Like night and day in this department compared to Monty. He took care of the ball and ensured things kept moving. His goal was very well taken and it was great to see him get his reward for a very good performance.

Armstrong 6.5 - Poor first half where nothing really went right for him but he got better in the second. A bit slow at covering across for their goal after he had moved to left back. However, in between he had a good 10-15 minute spell where he provided the assist for Jagielka's goal and was involved in the side's other good moments.

Ifill 7 - His touch, crossing and passing was all at sea in the first 45 minutes but he beat his man two or three times in the second half and scored an excellent goal before assisting cleverly for the third. No doubt he's a confidence player and, despite his failings, the crowd have to realise he will be a match winner in a few games before the end of the season. Great to see Warnock's recognition in asking the crowd to applaud him at the end after boo boys had made their feelings clear in the first half.

Kabba 6.5 - Hit and miss. At times his pace worried the Brighton defenders as he followed a direct route. Provided a clever ball for the third goal. All too often he seemed to want to execute silly flicks and he has a tendency to get the ball up to chest or head height from his first touch, making his second touch more difficult. Still a talented though frustrating player.

Shipperley 6.5 - Held the ball up very well and his touch is very good. The ball does tend to stick to him and he subsequently gets others into play. Not much of a goal threat but his ball retention is very good. Surprised he is still going strong at this stage of the season but he has proved to be an invaluable asset and is far fitter than many thought.

Agree with you (tosh) in the most part.

IMO Geary was joint man of the match. He had a solid first half but really came to life in the second when Ifill got more into the game.

Those two really linked up well I thought and both put in some decent crosses.

I'd like to see them get a few games together cuz Geary looks good going forward.

ALSO:

Just read in the Sun....

NEIL WARNOCK is poised to sign West Brom striker Geoff Horsfield.

Sheffield United boss Warnock has been chasing a number of targets.

But Horsfield has been cleared to leave the Hawthorns for £1.2million.

Horsfield has dropped down the Baggies’ pecking order and has played just a bit part in their campaign to avoid relegation.

But Warnock believes the striker can supply the power to take Blades into the Premiership.

Horsfield, 33, signed for Baggies from Wigan in December 2003.

He had spent his Premiership career with Fulham and Birmingham.

Horsfield can expect a two-year contract and would be returning to his roots as he recently bought a plot of land near Barnsley, where he is having a house built.

Albion boss Bryan Robson has plenty of strikers, including Rob Earnshaw, Nathan Ellington, Kevin Campbell, Diomansy Kamara and Kanu.

If it's true i reckon £1.2million is a lot. But he is a very good player.

If cardiff are wanting 3.5m for an unproven jerome, and izabelle mcloud (or whaever he is called) is going for 2m and a totally unproven 17 year old is worth 5m then i think 1.2 for horsefield is a good bit of business!!!

I personally don't want him at the lane but he is a better signing than bloody akinbye!!!!

I say Warnock should just go all out to get Cameron Jerome! if we get promoted it will be like gettting him for free anyway with the money will will get.

Plus he is only young and if he does prove to be very good it will be an investment!

But if he flops we have just blown our entire budget on a kid!!! id LOVe for him to come to the lane but id rather sign 2 PROVEN players at 1.5mil each than blow it all on 1 person that is unproven!

Your not serious are you? You're lucky enough to get 2 tickets to this massive match and are prepared to screw other Blades to make a handsome profit!

I hope you are joking:huh:

Listen fella!

Don't want to be dis-respectful towards you in any way, but Ive sat in Bramall Lane park park, from 1:30am this morning to be first in line for my tickets and the extras!

How I got the extra stubbs is of no importance to you in any way!

Would you wanna earn a bit of a reward for your efforts????

I say Warnock should just go all out to get Cameron Jerome! if we get promoted it will be like gettting him for free anyway with the money will will get.

Plus he is only young and if he does prove to be very good it will be an investment!

geoff horsefield will do for me,he should supply the fire power for the final push,not sure if its already been posted but the sun reckons we're signing him today.

Archived