Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Sheffield United have agreed a deal with Burnley to sign striker Ade Akinbiyi.

The 31-year-old has scored 14 goals for the Clarets this season and was the subject of two rejected bids from the Blades last week.

However, the two Championship clubs have now agreed a fee believed to be in the region of £1.75million.

Burnley are set to depart on a training break to southern Europe this afternoon but Akinbiyi will not be joining them and is travelling to Bramall Lane for a medical and to discuss personal terms.

The former Wolves, Leicester and Crystal Palace striker has been a big hit at Turf Moor, having rejected the Blades and Wigan to move there from Stoke in a £600,000 deal just under a year ago.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO surely not £1.75million.

It's all over the net now.

He's coming to the Lane this afternoon to discuss personal terms and have a medical.

I know he's done well this season but he was garbage in the Premiership and hopefully that's where we're headed.

This from the official Burnley Site:

Burnley Football Club have accepted an offer from Sheffield United for striker Ade Akinbiyi.

The clubs have agreed on a record breaking transfer fee of £1.75 million for the 31-year-old, who is now in talks with the Bramall Lane outfit.

Akinbiyi signed for the Clarets in late February 2005 for a fee of £600,000 from Stoke City and he has scored 18 goals in 43 games.How can Utd justify paying all that money,when Burnley only paid £600.000 it is a total ripoff.Well I hope he does well to justify the money paid to him.I would still rather have Horsefield.UP THE MIGHTY BLADES

The REWARD you got was tickets for yourself to see the game, buying extras just to sell at a profit is disgusting and is the kind of things clubs are trying to discourage!

Now instead of genuine fans being able to get the extra tickets you bought, it's only the richer ones who can benefit.

I'm sorry but what you're doing is indefensible. :rant:

LIKE I GIVE A T*SS WAT U THINK!

LIKE I GIVE A T*SS WAT U THINK!

Now now......

We're united supporters and shouldn't be bickering with one another!

United signing Akin-whats-his-name. Dont like how much we've paid but we've got to go along with what they have decided. Afterall, they earn a living out of football, we dont so you would expect they would know more about football than us?

EVERY SINGLE UNITED SUPPORTER NEEDS TO GET BEHIND UNITED NOW AND MAKE SURE WE GET TO THE PROMISED LAND!!!!! THIS INCLUDES WHETHER WE'RE IN THE STANDS, AT HOME, READING THE PAPER, PHONING IN ON FOOTBALL HEAVEN OR POSTING ON THIS (OR ANY OTHER) FORUM.

COME ON UNITED:thumbsup:

whilst i agree in part with benclements...... i cant help but feel disgruntled in signing a player for such a price that astonishes me.

1.75 million for a 31 year old who never cut it in the big league when he was younger in my opinion is a waste of money.

yes he has done well at burnley this season, there is no denying that at all. but lets not forget, he is a lone striker there, and should be carrying there goal scoring burden.

i for one will not be cheering for this guy at the begining of any game. i know it sounds pathetic and immature, but to me he is a waste of money

Archived