Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Our new record signing will be a 31 yo, much travelled, rarely missed, often miscontrolling, premier league reject.

Just what a team on the verge of the Premiership requires.

I feel very deflated about this and I hope to god we've not just signed cuz we couldn't get anyone else.

Shoulda kept Sharp. Warnock has even admitted he may have let him go too soon.

NO 5HIT SHERLOCK!!!

If he signs, fans should support him and stop sulking.

I didn't want him either, but he has been scoring a lot of goals for a bad team, so he should score even more for us. If he helps get us up to the premiership then he that is good and hopefully we will get better, younger players once we have gone up. Other teams know Warnock has money to spend so they are putting prices up accordingly.

NORWICH want MK Dons’ £1million-rated hitman Izale McLeod. 21, after selling striker Dean Ashton to West Ham for £7.25m.

READING are poised to bid £750,000 for Portsmouth striker Svetoslav Todorov.

We get Akinbiyi. Somethings wrong with this picture.

Some better news though.......

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY have suffered a £10m blow after being forced to withdraw a planning application to build houses on the club’s Middlewood Road training ground. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Good on ya Sheffield Council:thumbsup:

Piggies got no money!!

If he signs, fans should support him and stop sulking.

I didn't want him either, but he has been scoring a lot of goals for a bad team, so he should score even more for us. If he helps get us up to the premiership then he that is good and hopefully we will get better, younger players once we have gone up. Other teams know Warnock has money to spend so they are putting prices up accordingly.

I'll support him if he signs and i'll keep supporting the team as per usual.

It's not his fault and I'm not p|ssed off at him.

I just think we've made a mistake and although we're a lot better off (financially) than we ever have been, I reckon £1.75m for him is a complete joke.

I know what your thinking mate but name a player thats better than him (e.g- scored more goals this season) for 1.75million mate.

If we go up we will be FORCED to play 4-5-1 to cope with other teams strengths and he is the only player that could occupy that role alone upfront- he is brilliant at holding the ball up, shipperly is too old for the prem- everyone knows this.

Panic buying - we're p*ssing money up the wall :(

It's a seller's market at the moment and we were never going to get anyone cheap with clubs knowing we have money to spend.

Akinbiyi is on his way to becomming a Blade now and that's good enough for me. It's more than obvious that Shipperley just isn't effective against some teams and Ade provides that big man role with slightly more pace.

There were offers on the table for more players to come in, but NW can't force people to sign for us. We'll just have to see what happens, but if a couple of goals from Akinbiyi can seal us promotion, I can't see you lot moaning then.

Archived