Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

What chance has Akinbiyi got if he's written off before he's even put a shirt on? Not my first choice but he's now a blade like it or lump it. We should ALL get behind him and welcome him to the pitch as much as we would Jags, Webber, Quinn or anyone else for that matter. Anybody out there who have plans to boo him should stay at home. United need supporters not moaners.

What chance has Akinbiyi got if he's written off before he's even put a shirt on? Not my first choice but he's now a blade like it or lump it. We should ALL get behind him and welcome him to the pitch as much as we would Jags, Webber, Quinn or anyone else for that matter. Anybody out there who have plans to boo him should stay at home. United need supporters not moaners.

Well said mate. I will want to cheer for him although i can't because I work there, and work on the away end. lol.

He is a blade and its not going to help his confidence if people boo him.

Well said mate. I will want to cheer for him although i can't because I work there, and work on the away end. lol.

He is a blade and its not going to help his confidence if people boo him.

ive never bboed a blades player in my life and won't start now,i just had my heart set on getting horsefield cos i think he's a better player...akin whats his name blows hot and cold and is very clumsey...when he played at the lane a few weeks ago he was crap........if this post comes back to haunt me i will be the first to hold my hands up.

UTB

We'll all sl*g him off, then he'll probably go and score 10 plus goals for us before the end of the campaign!

Then come May, we'll all be sat saying! "F**king hell, what a good signing that Akinbiyi was" lol

Hope so matt1889

I'll not boo.

I've never booed anyone other that the ref or opposition players.

There's no point booing it only makes things worse.

I'm just really annoyed with the signing because we've got a substantial amount of money to spend (for the first time in ages) and we sign someone (IMO) who is just about good enough for this league (i know he's had a good 2/3 of a season but this doesn't make him a good player).

If he was any good Stoke would have kept him, he'd have gone to someone better than Burnley and they would've had to pay a lot more than £600k for him.

The fact is that he has never stayed anywhere very long because he always get found out then someone else buys him thinking they'll be able to get the best from him and so the cycle goes on.

I think we missed an opportunity to sign a player that would not only help get us promoted but that would also score in Premiership and have the best part of their career in front of them and as a result have a decent resale value if we ever needed/wanted to sell.

This signing smacks of desperation to me.

As always I'll get behind the team and Akinbiyi (should he sign).

UTB

Archived