Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

He has just accepted the terms of his contract & a medical on thursday he is our player & Warnock has stated another signing will be announced,but will not give a hint to who it might be.UP THE MIGHTY BLADES

Leicester fans are laffin their bollx off at us.

On the flip side loads of Burnley fans are gutted but seem to be okay about it because they all think £1.75m for him is too good to turn down.

Does anyone else think that instead of paying £1.75m for Akinbiyi we should have increased our Jerome offer? Surely that would make more sense seeing as Jerome is only 19 and has been as prolific (pretty much).

I've got no intention of booing Ade or any other United player and of course I'll get behind them - doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on the transfer though. I actually think he will do ok for the rest of the season but won't be much use after and to be honest I think we'll go up with the current strike force anyway. £1.75 million for him is astonomical - he's scored 14 this season as he plays up front on his own.

The sounds coming from the Lane at the beginning of January were that we would not buy people just for the sake of it and anyone we would buy would be good enough for the Premiership i.e. we wouldn't buy anyone as a stopgap. Ade is only ever gonna be a stopgap. I'd have rather we broke the bank for Jerome - someone who has a future in front of him rather than a guy who'll be off again at the end of the season for probably less than half a million. We've left that too late as well though - Norwich now have a bucket of cash to spend on him.

Still, if he's here lets make him at home.

Ooo, loyalty card scheme.

Shame it didn't come in this season, I'd have earned a fair few tickets on my travels. :rolleyes:

Oh well, at least they'll be rectifying the mini-season ticket holders getting the same priority as full season ticket holders.

Just seen that Wolves have signed that Polish guy Tomasz Frankowski for £1.4million - another one of our previous targets.....

Isn't he in his thirties and unproven at this level? Although I would have preferred to get someone younger, I think Akinbiyi is a much safer bet than Frankowski.

Archived