Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

I can assure you that the will not open constantly through out. They don't ave a licence to do so. Sorry peeps.

says who? When we were at the lane watching the blades in scandinavian TV the bar was open throughout the match?

The bar only opens before and at half time because that is the licence they have. If you have noticed recently they open an extra 10 minutes. They actually had to apply for that extra time. Its nothing to do with trouble being caused or anything it is purley to do with the licence they have.

I work there and that we are led to beleive anyway.

M

some championship matches are picked up by a swedish channel and shown over there, now if you have the right dish and know the correct frequency you can tune your TV into it- and thats what utd have done once or twice- you then pay something like a tenner and go and watch it in the john street stand- its only happened a couple of times though.

Just seen on the SUFC website that we've been approached by clubs wanting Shipperley.

They've all been dismissed and Warnock ahs confirmed Shipps is definately still part of his plans.

Also, how about this for a line up.

____________KENNY

GEARY__BROMBY__SHORT__UNSWORTH

______IFILL__TONGE___QUINN

___KABBA______________WEBBER

___________AKINBIYI

no- we only got put him on a 2 year deal i think so if we didn't go up this year he would be free to leave the club- now it looks like we are going to go up they want to tie him down on a premiership contract- i would think that they would give him a 3 or 3 1/2 year deal on about 10-15k a week.

well it would be nice to get him on another contract, but i believe he has another 2 years after this season has finished

Cheers mate,

Im justgonna have to sneak off to the toilets i think and check my phone, to be fair i know the match is important but id still prefer to take her out for a nice meal, i have seen the blades thousands of times!!!!

get your priorities right

i cant understand people who go to the united match and spend all of the game at the bar. What is the point in that!?

you have a drink, pre game, you have a drink halfway through. as you state they only have certain licenses so people cant be there all game

I can assure you that the will not open constantly through out. They don't ave a licence to do so. Sorry peeps.

they dont have a license to do it on home matches that is correct. however this is not a home game, and in theory should be able to keep the bar open all the way through

Just seen on the SUFC website that we've been approached by clubs wanting Shipperley.

They've all been dismissed and Warnock ahs confirmed Shipps is definately still part of his plans.

Also, how about this for a line up.

____________KENNY

GEARY__BROMBY__SHORT__UNSWORTH

______IFILL__TONGE___QUINN

___KABBA______________WEBBER

___________AKINBIYI

if we get to prem, we are gonna need to replace, geary, ifill, tonge, kabba and short. so i dont like the line up at all.......

ifill would be dropped for gillespie, kabba would also be dropped for jags (where the hell is he on yours?) tonge on current form would keep his place though

Got my tickets for the beamback today. We should all meet up for a beer at the bar beforehand.....

As for Reading game - just do what I'm doing and take the gf to the match :D

Tonge, Kabba and Ifill could make the step up to the Premiership I reckon. Ifill will do better with more time on the ball. Kabba will do fine now he's learnt to stand up again and Tonge on his day is amazing. Not saying we don't need to bring people in but they'll all play when we go up.

Just spoke to Promotions at The Lane to try and clarify whats happening for food and drinks etc.

He states "Both facilties will be open on the day, one does consist of a bar, and will be open from 2:00pm up until about 15 minutes before the end of the kick off!

I felt a right idiot enquiring, lol....... But what can I say? At least we know now!

Matt

Archived