Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Just read this, though you lot might want to as well.

"FOR an intense 90 minutes today, Zimbabwean soccer fans will congregate in front of their television screens to see the last hoorah of a Zimbabwean soccer legend -- Peter Ndlovu.

No player in Zimbabwe's history has lit-up and captivated so many with his array of talents as the Mamelodi Sundowns striker, nicknamed the Flying Elephant after scoring for Coventry City against mighty Manchester United at the age of 19.

His quick feet and pace made him an instant hit in England, and his place in the annals of English premiership history was secured when he scored a hatrick against Liverpool at Anfield -- the first visiting player to do so in 33 years!

Ndlovu, 33 in February, is playing probably his last game for the Warriors in the clash against Ghana in their last Group D match, with only pride to play for.

Since moving from Highlanders to join Coventry City in the early 90's, Ndlovu played for Birmingham City, Huddersfield City and Sheffield United before joining Mamelodi Sundowns last July.

A former member of Reinhard Fabisch's Dream Team, Ndlovu has never wavered when it comes to national service.

That he is past his prime is not in doubt. That he should probably be on the bench than leading in front is also an obvious reality. But there is nothing that beats the magic of the sight of a true legend leading his charges on what could be his very last game on the international stage."

On his day he was a class apart and he'll always be a legend to me.

I met him a couple of times and he was true gentleman and a right laugh.

Enjoy your retirement Peter.

PETER NDLOVU, PETER NDLOVU, PETER NDLOVU, PETER NDLOVU!

Nah- warnock has done his buying now i think!! I still think were a little bit thin in defence but jags can always drop back and dyer can also play there too.

A question- after today finishes- can we get players on loan?

is warnock trying to sign players more his age or something????

I dont have any real problems with what Warnock is doing!

I think Warnock allready has a pretty good young squad down at The Lane, and it is proven that a mixture of experience along side the young players works big time!

Look at Unsworth and Short, they've made our defense the strongest it's been in the past 3 yrs!

Look at Shipperley!, been scoring goals for fun this season!

I dont have any real problems with what Warnock is doing!

I think Warnock allready has a pretty good young squad down at The Lane, and it is proven that a mixture of experience along side the young players works big time!

Look at Unsworth and Short, they've made our defense the strongest it's been in the past 3 yrs!

Look at Shipperley!, been scoring goals for fun this season!

I agree.

We're trying to make sure we get promoted.

Nothing else matters at this stage.

We start planning for the Premiership once we're mathmatically up, not before.

The players we have signed/will sign should ensure promotion.

I know, and i do agree to a point but there is no way that short, shipperly and lucketti will be able to cope with the premiership over the course of a full season- i think that we should be breaking the bank trying to sign some good younger players like shi*oo from QPR, but if he thinks he is the man for the job then ill back him all the way.

Archived