Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

If reading lose and we win tomorrow there is only 4 point in it! yes 4 POINTS!!!:gag:

I hope Ade scores on his Debut!

Yeh, dead right MarkB. I hope Ade scores a couple, no sod it - a hat trick. Should shut a lot of those moaning farquhars up.

Up the Mighty Blades !!!

Nationwide North club Worcester City's wonderkid, 16-year-old Sam Wedgbury, has joined Coca-Cola Championship side Sheffield United on a scholarship for a undisclosed five-figure fee.

Wedgbury joined City in the summer on their Football Development Scheme in partnership with Worcester College of Technology and sensationally scored on his first-team debut in the FA Cup against Bemerton Heath Harlequins, becoming City's youngest ever goalscorer.

Just read this on the net.....

Nationwide North club Worcester City's wonderkid, 16-year-old Sam Wedgbury, has joined Coca-Cola Championship side Sheffield United on a scholarship for a undisclosed five-figure fee.

Wedgbury joined City in the summer on their Football Development Scheme in partnership with Worcester College of Technology and sensationally scored on his first-team debut in the FA Cup against Bemerton Heath Harlequins, becoming City's youngest ever goalscorer.

Wedgbury has made eighteen first-team appearances for City this season and has had scouts flocking into watch him. As part of the deal Wedgbury will be loaned back to City for the remainder of the season on ‘work experience’ and Sheffield United have also agreed to send a full first team to St. George's Lane for a pre season friendly.

City chairman Dave Boddy said: "I am delighted for Sam, it's a great deal and opportunity for him and obviously a great deal for the club.

“He is a lovely lad with a superb attitude to the game and he shows unbelievable maturity beyond his years."

I did a little research and he sounds class.

He's a midfielder who's meant to be really good passer and striker of the ball.

Lets hope he makes the step up in a few years.

Sheffield United manager Neil Warnock is pondering whether to leave his two new signings on the bench for the clash with Derby.

Warnock has confirmed Neil Shipperley will start up front with new recruits Ade Akinbiyi and Bruce Dyer vying with leading scorer Steve Kabba for the remaining striker slot.

Brian Deane and Danny Webber will miss the game with hamstring injuries and Alan Wright faces a late fitness test after falling victim to a calf problem.

But Keith Gillespie has recovered from a bruised knee and should be included in the travelling party.

Archived