Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

http://www.seagulls.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/LatestDetail/0,,10433~776893,00.html

Plus if we ARE getting horsefield (which brian robson has said we are) then ships would definately want a move!

was just about to post that, but here it is for those without subscription or dont want to click another link :)

From http://www.seagulls.co.uk

Mark McGhee may have failed to bring in a new striker before the transfer window closed last night, but the Albion boss has vowed to continue his search for a new targetman.

Although any permanent transfers are now ruled out until the summer, Albion still have the option of bringing players in on loan.

McGhee revealed after the 0-0 draw with Burnley that Scottish side Clyde had turned down a six-figure cash offer for 21-year-old forward Tom Brighton.

McGhee will now maintain his pursuit of experienced Sheffield United forward Neil Shipperley and young prospect Lee Barnard from Tottenham Hotspur.

Horsefield played last night & did not have a good match missed a sitter,but strikers sometime's do.But as for Shipps I think he has done fantastic this season & the reason we have had a great 1st half to the season.But we are getting bogged down with strikers again,so someone will have to go.UP THE MIGHTIER BLADES

To be honest he has done good for us but i hate to see him on the ball. He has a good strike on him but thats about it. He is too big and old with no pace. Sorry Shipps.

you are obviously watching too much of the crowd my friend, HMS has been great this season, brings a calming influence to the front line

I'd be sad to him go, however Horsefield is a similar type of player and he's a lot more mobile.

If only SHIPPS were 5 years younger.

in a sense i see what your saying, but to say ships to be 5 years younger is daft, he is 1 years younger than this mobile horsfield you talk of.

HMS Date of birth 30-10-1974

Horse Date of birth 01-11-1973

AND WILL PEOPLE SPELL HORSFIELD RIGHT? lol

Just nicked this off another site:

From a Brighton website

Albion's hopes of signing Neil Shipperley from Sheffield United have been dashed - for the time being at least.

Manager Mark McGhee had been hoping to capture the experienced target man on loan until the end of the season. But Blades boss Neil Warnock (pictured) exclusively told BBC Southern Counties Radio this afternoon: 'At the moment, he's the number one on the team sheet and you don't let your best player go.'

bha.vitalfootball.co.uk understands McGhee will now concentrate his efforts on signing Tottenham Hotspur striker Lee Barnard on loan. Barnard, 21, failed to score during brief loan spells with Exeter City, Leyton Orient and Northampton Town but the combative striker has a much more impressive record in Spurs' reserves.

Archived