Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

To be guaranteed promotion you need to average 2 points per game which is enough to leave you with 94 points at the end of the season.

maths not your strong point? :hihi: :hihi:

anyways, i still think we paid over the odds for akinbadbuy, but im willing to let him make his stance

UTB

Also, on a personal note, I'm gonna be a dad in July :banana:

Can't FOOKIN wait!!

congratulations mate your life will never be the same.

Just listening to football heaven and a pig signed off with the wed**sday til I die crap.

To me I'll be a blade forever which will certainly be a lot longer than when I die.

I watched the Football League Review on Sky last night and thought:

1) The tackle wasn't anywhere near as bad as it might have looked. The guy played the ball, albeit from behind. For that fact alone, a yellow card would have been sufficient (but I heard from my brothers who were at the game with some Derby fans [through business], that the ref was abysmal and spent the rest of the game trying to 'balance things up' by awarding the Rams a disputed penalty);

2) Warnock's reaction - or rather, lack of - when the Derby stand-in manager was going bent was a sight to behold. Warnock actually showed his professionalism by not getting involved whilst the Derby fella - and team mates - did his chances of securing the managerial post no good at all.

As I mentioned, my brothers went and admitted it wasn't a great performance but that was largely down to the atrocious refereeing. The fact that the Derby fans they met up with admitted the same furthers my belief that the referees are beginning to think that fans turn up to watch them and not their teams.

For further reference, look at the likes of Graeme Poll and co in the top flight. These people are ruining the game by awarding free-kicks if a player so much as breathes on an opposing player.

Finally, on paper this could prove to be the result of the season.

ouse- no mate- i think beating watford on monday could be the result of the season, if we beat them, then we end there chances of catching us realistically and wealso snd a clear message to everyone chasing us- "we don't care who you are or how good you think you are- if you come to the lane you WILL get beaten by us- it IS our time!!"

ouse- no mate- i think beating watford on monday could be the result of the season, if we beat them, then we end there chances of catching us realistically and wealso snd a clear message to everyone chasing us- "we don't care who you are or how good you think you are- if you come to the lane you WILL get beaten by us- it IS our time!!"

Well, yes. I see your point, but say we beat Watford 1-0, which is a realistic result, end their chances of reaching us and we DO get promoted, I still think that 1-0 win at Derby will stand out more than the Watford at home result.

When was the last time we won at Derby? This has so far been the difference this season, travelling to grounds that in the past have brought defeat and the odd draw - Southampton and Derby being two such places.

But I agree that at this moment in time, the Watford game is of huge importance and could see us with one foot firmly placed in the Promised Land. The fact it is on TV does however, make me somewhat nervous (although with it being played on Monday means we'll know what other teams have done over the weekend).

Archived