Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Originally posted by scottf

Is it me or does anyone else think that united arn't that quick to react when players are available- do they need some new contacts around the league to tip them off?

totally agreed here scott,

and the players we keep being linked with, i dont believe will improve our squad, ie hulse/akinbiyi!!

Exacly- why can't we attract old premiership players to bramall lane- i know the wages would hurt our wage structure but my god isn't it worth taking the risk once? we arn't strapped for cash.

one good premiership player would add possibly 1/2000 people onto the gate surely????

I can't remember the last prem quality player we had at the lane apart from mcall?

Harley is a premiere league player,he played at Chelsea & Fulham,but I agree we need to spend on someone like Yorke his wages are £35.000 at Blackburn if we bought him,our gate would increase to enable a decent wage package.UP THE BLADES

Originally posted by bladesgirl

yes i agree its REVENGE TIME!! LOL My grandad(Wednesday fan of course) keeps tellin me we wont get past West Ham you mind even beating Arsenal.. OH YES WE WILL !! GO BLADES GO..

:thumbsup:

By the way did anyone go to that semi final at Old Traf, a few year ago (2003 i think) That match still brings a tear to my eye.

:cry:

I was sat in line with the goal where Arsenal scored and Seaman made that amazing save.What I found great was after the game the Arsenal fans went home and we stayed singing and chanting for at least 20 minutes after the end.

yes i was sat a few rows behind that goal and the save as well we got the star the next day and they showed a snap shot of the save and i was there wow did i think that was in.... yes we stayed for a good few mins after the end singing and chanting.. but even the Arsenal fans thought we were robbed..... didn't the same thing happen a few seasons earlier and Venger offered us a reply as Kanu scored from that throw in??

didn't the same thing happen a few seasons earlier and Venger offered us a reply as Kanu scored from that throw in??

hmmmmm i personally dont think we should have had replay, but let us score another straight after!! it was awful to be honest!!

that was the 5th round too.... i remember it fondly vieira and overmars for them, marcelo for us!!!

and overmars and bergkamp in replay, with a goal from young morris!!

on a further note about morris, i didnt think he would get such a rough reception when he came on against us when we played leicester, i dont think he ever thought his own fans would turn on him!!

yes i was sat a few rows behind that goal and the save as well we got the star the next day and they showed a snap shot of the save and i was there wow did i think that was in.... yes we stayed for a good few mins after the end singing and chanting.. but even the Arsenal fans thought we were robbed..... didn't the same thing happen a few seasons earlier and Venger offered us a reply as Kanu scored from that throw in??

It was Mark Overmars after the Blades had kicked the ball out of play so a player (Dane Whitehouse I think) could receive treatment.

The score was 1-1 at the time. Never miind grudgingly giving the Blades a replay, the replay should have been played at Bramall Lane for a drawn scoreline.

Wenger won a sporting award for his "actions"

Sporting is what Yeovil did earlier in the season when exactly the same thing happened to them in a cup tie (although the player was actually trying to pass to the goalkeeper not score at the time but the goalkeeper missed it). Yeovil allowed their opposition to run through and score un opposed making the score 2-2. Now that is sporting, not what cheating Arsenal did.

Same Old Arsenal. Always Cheating!

Archived