Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

leed aare very confident and that worries me!

Why? Who gives a toss if they are confident (it's usually more arrogance with them anyway) - it's up to us to continue getting the results and then Dirty Leeds can't touch us. We'll beat 'em at the Lane anyway not that it matters as we'll already be up by then.

In our last 6 matches we have won 5 & drawn 1,although we have not been playing at our best,with the new players we have we are stronger than l***s,so why bother with them,we are a better team,the top team in Yorkshire again,so stuff the arrogant S.O.B.s.UP THE MIGHTIER BLADES.

Has anyone noticed it's alway's we will catch Utd not Reading.Reading could fall apart,look what happened to Newcastle some years ago,Reading will not go the entire season without losing,Chelsea lost there record so did Arsenal.And they are & were a better team than Reading.UP THE MIGHTIER BLADES

Tosh13 - I've been saying the same thing for weeks now, that Reading will hit a bad patch and lose valuable points.

Trouble is, it's not happening and time is running out! Even when they field a weakened side they still get results. The only positive for us Blades is that it would appear they've begun to leak goals.

Having said that, personally I would discount L**ds as serious challengers and look to Preston who seem more capable of catching us.

However, strictly speaking, our destiny is in our own hands. If we continue as we have done, then we will be promoted, irrespective of what the chasing pack does.

GOOD LUCK TONIGHT YOU RED AND WHITE WIZZAAAAAAAARRRRRDDDDDSSS.

First News regarding tonights clash with Watford...............

Bookies Odds:-

Ladbrokes = United 8/11 Draw 11/5 Watford 10/3

Coral = United 5/6 Draw 9/4 Watford 10/3

William Hills = United 4/5 Draw 2/1 Watford 16/5

ToteSport = United 8/11 Draw 9/4 Watford 10/3

Squad News:-

Sheffield United:-

Danny Webber and Brian Deane will both remain sidelined with respective Hamstring Injuries, But Ade Akinbiyi is completely fit and is expected to start against his former team.

Keith Gillespie is fit and is tipped to start tonight in front of Paul Ifill after impressing as a Substitute on his last run-out, allthough it is believed that Warnock could still play Ifill after giving the player his full confidence in a press conference last week.

Watford:-

Watford have a doubt over goalkeeper Ben Foster, who missed the win over Crewe with ankle and hip problems.

Should the on-loan Manchester United man fail to recover, player-coach Alec Chamberlain will continue to deputise.

Like you said Ousetunes Reading are leaking goals & that does not give the defence confidence,they will start to worry about the other teams with better strikers,look at Crewe at the bottom but they still managed 3 goals against them,also when we beat Watford tonight we will be 7 points behind Reading,but 14 points in front of L***s,I know where I would rather be.Good Luck To The Blades Tonight.UP THE MIGHTIER BLADES

Archived