Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

West Brom boss Bryan Robson is set for talks with veteran striker Geoff Horsfield as Sheffield United track the player.

The 32-year-old is known to be keen to secure a move closer to his Northern base and Blades boss Neil Warnock wants him on loan for the season with a view to a permanent move.

Robson wants the situation cleared up in the near future and is poised for talks. He said: "I've got to speak to Geoff and the chairman about what our immediate plans will be for him.

"We have got a time limit up until February 14. We need to know one way or the other what Geoff wants to do.

"Geoff has come back into the team and on Saturday against Blackburn I thought he was outstanding. He held up the ball well and worked really hard down the channels.

"He didn't score, but he linked up our play really well. I also felt that he was our best player in the previous game against Charlton."

Horsfield has been with the Baggies since December 2003, scoring 14 goals in 66 league appearances for the club. He had previously enjoyed spells with Wigan Athletic, Birmingham City, Fulham and Halifax Town.

Players who I wanna focus on:-

Kabba:-

Best player on the pitch last night, anyone who says otherweise must have been watching a completely different match to what I saw!

From the starting whistle, he chased everything, and did'nt stop at ant point, can't fault him what-so-ever for his performance! He passed the ball around to perfection!

well i must have been watching a different game

whilst yes he did have a "better" performance than what he has been doing, he still looks uncomfortable on the ball.

nobody deserves a man of the match, but if i was to pick someone from the blades it would have been jags

well i must have been watching a different game

whilst yes he did have a "better" performance than what he has been doing, he still looks uncomfortable on the ball.

nobody deserves a man of the match, but if i was to pick someone from the blades it would have been jags

Well ur having a laugh then!

How can you say he's does'nt look comfortable on the ball?

Last night he had a pass completion of at Least 90%, and even on the odd occasion when he did lose the ball, he battled like mad to win it back!

He chased everything, even the hopeful balls that everybody kept planting above Akinbiyi's head, and most of the time, he managed to get hold of the ball, run at Defenders and play good through balls to other players!

He carried the Midfield last night and once again found himself playing right accross the field including both wings!

he doesn't look comfortable on the ball YES, perhaps he had whatever conversion rate for passing you wanna bring up, but when does that indicate how he looks on the ball? id be wary about his pass rate too last night, can you supply some stats regards this please?

also it was nice to see him trying to play the game instead of diving all the time yesterday

Last night he had a pass completion of at Least 90%, and even on the odd occasion when he did lose the ball, he battled like mad to win it back!

He chased everything, even the hopeful balls that everybody kept planting above Akinbiyi's head, and most of the time, he managed to get hold of the ball, run at Defenders and play good through balls to other players!

He carried the Midfield last night and once again found himself playing right accross the field including both wings!

Hi matt 1889 MarkB needs to get in touch can you empty your PM box Cheers Tosh

I'd say the match passed by Jags last night and midfield as a whole were poor.

Anyway, collective chins up. We've shown we can bounce back from defeats and we're still comfortably in second place.

Well we lost against Norwich & Leicester,so no great shakes,losing 2 matches all season at home isn't a bad record.Apart from Reading all the teams below us have lost badly L***s against Brighton & a draw against them & I guess we will lose again during our run in to the Premiership,but I would rather be 11 points in fron at this stage than 11 points behind.UP THE MIGHTIER BLADES

I can't get over how similar last night and the Norwich match were.

It troubles me slightly that they both had a very similar game plan and that it worked so effectively.

I know we had a man sent off last night but I still think we'd have struggled.

I just hope no one else manages to use this tactic against us.

i cant believe how dreadful there blades were playing last night. i understand that it has been a long time since they beat watford but last night was a dissapointing performance u must admit. also i might be wrong but it seems to me that £1.7million has reently been wasted. but still,UP THE BLADES.

As an Owl, i'm still of the opinion that Utd will stroll the league. I think you'll do it by 6 or so points in the end.

Must admit i sat back waiting for Warnocks comments and had to smile when he had to mention the referee, and why he feels he needs a Premiership ref i just dont know?

Archived