Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

I don't know what people are getting worried about - so we had a bad day. We've had a few this season - Leicester away, Norwich home and now Watford. Even if we have a few more we can still go up. Don't forget we're the team that came back to win 3-2 at Watford earlier in the season, beat Palace at their ground, outplayed Reading and should have won at Leeds.

And Super Dan has yet to come back along with Deano :)

That's the spirit, fnkysknky !! Not sure about Deano, though ....

Every team has a bad day, and we had one last Monday. Lets put it behind us and get on with the rest of the season.

Come on, get behind 'em.

Up The Mighty Blades !!!

Thanks Tracie we tried telling MR Blue Owl & the Banter for the Blades & Owls were on another post.

Nah - I reckon those posts were removed because everyone is sick of witnessing the conversation between a couple of members who were wasting Forum space with posts relating to buying / selling tickets for the match at Swillsborough.

May I suggest eBay for this in future ??

Oh BTW, it is mr_lue_bowl as he seems fond of re-arranging letters.

Sorry you are upset mate,but there is a thread for the banter with both fans ,this is for the Blades,same as the Owls have there own thread,although a few times I have been on it ,I have praised the Owls for Promotion & for beating the other teams below us.

Nah, Takes more than that to upset me Tosh. If I come here fishing I expect a few comebacks. I assure you that growing up as the only Wednesdayite in a family full of Unitedites I can take all the flak thrown at me.

I have been following Wednesday for 50 years, mostly of failure and misery, but I guess it makes the few successful periods all the more worthwhile.

What goes around comes around as they say, enjoy while it lasts.:thumbsup:

Cheers

PS The very first post on the Owls thread is a Blade slagging off Wednesday.

Nah, Takes more than that to upset me Tosh. If I come here fishing I expect a few comebacks. I assure you that growing up as the only Wednesdayite in a family full of Unitedites I can take all the flak thrown at me.

I have been following Wednesday for 50 years, mostly of failure and misery, but I guess it makes the few successful periods all the more worthwhile.

Cheers

With a memory going back all those years, you'll no doubt remember the disgrace that was brought not only to your club and the good city of Sheffield, but to the game itself, by Sheffield Wednesday players Tony Kaye, David (Bronco) Layne and Peter Swan in the 60's when they were jailed for match rigging.

We keep on hearing about the 'Boxing Day Massacre' (70's) but strangely, the memories of you people conveniently does not extend back to the 60's.

OK, we've had our ups and downs, but I can safely state that no United player has ever stooped that low.

With a memory going back all those years, you'll no doubt remember the disgrace that was brought not only to your club and the good city of Sheffield, but to the game itself, by Sheffield Wednesday players Tony Kaye, David (Bronco) Layne and Peter Swan in the 60's when they were jailed for match rigging.

We keep on hearing about the 'Boxing Day Massacre' (70's) but strangely, the memories of you people conveniently does not extend back to the 60's.

OK, we've had our ups and downs, but I can safely state that no United player has ever stooped that low.

Nah Nah Nah Nah, he's a blade and he's a blade.

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Cheers

Hi mr blue owl,funny you being the only owl in the family.I am the only Blade in my family so I know what you mean.I have been following the Blades for 43 yrs.Cheers Tosh

I knew Tony Kays Kids Toni a girl & I cannot recall the lads name,she had beautiful red hair.They lived at the bottom of the 49 steps.

Funny how you mention putting Quinn back in and then stating the defence wasn't up to scratch.

Quinn is a player who is great at going forward, but is hardly enthusiastic about his defensive duties as well. Playing him could mean the defence is even more exposed and you would have to make up for that by playing a defensive-minded midfielder alongside him.

Then play Monty in the holding role or even get Jags to hold back when Quinny is breaking forward :)

Archived