Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Originally posted by Ousetunes

Agree with you duffman. I reckon Jagielka would make a fine front man. Remember years ago when Wendy did the same with Paul Warhurst? They turned the former centre-half into a striker and he got a right bag full.

Also, David Johnson is reportedly unhappy at Forest, who we all know are going down anyway. So, come on Blades, he could be exactly what we're after.

Certainly makes more sense than Akinbiyi for crying out loud!

Johnson has a lot of off the field problems at moment. I know. My friend is "well in" down there. Won't say anymore. The other problem with United trying to sign him is, shall we say, Ginger Whinger!

Originally posted by MobileB

Johnson has a lot of off the field problems at moment. I know. My friend is "well in" down there. Won't say anymore. The other problem with United trying to sign him is, shall we say, Ginger Whinger!

Even with that in mind, if Johnson came in for the rest of the season and scored loads of goals to get us promoted and then runs away, I wont mind!

Originally posted by Snook

I like the idea of putting Jags up front... what can it hurt? We need someone who can score goals, and there would be less pressure on him. Depends if there is someone who can fill his place as well.

Well he played in midfield the last few games so there's a number of players that can fill in without comprimising the rest of the team.

Back four: Bromby, Cullip, Morgan, Geary

Midfield: Liddel, Quinn, Tonge Harley

Strikers: Jags, Gray

Subs: Francis, Thirwell, Cads, A N Others

Could try it, as you say what could it hurt? Gray has the ability to play it on the ground and jags although not the biggest could act as a target man but as we know he can hit the occasional volley and use his head in the air.

Just read that Warnock is loaning Beckett to Huddersfield for another month... even though he has scored 4 goals in 3 games. I don't understand why he doesn't try playing him, it's not like we have anything to lose as our other strikers aren't scoring many goals. If it comes down to goal difference the end of the season, I can't even see us making the play offs unless we get a regular goal scorer. :mad:

Archived