Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Johnson has handed a transfer in because of an argument with Meggy,also Warnock has offered a contract to 34 yrs old Tommy Johnson????Gabrieli on loan to Boston Utd why give a player a 6 month contract then loan him out.2-1 to the Blades.UP THE BLADES

Confirmed team for today:

Kenny

Bromby, Cullip, Morgan, Geary

Jags, Monty, Tonge, Harley

Gray, Cads

Subs: Liddel, Ward, Quinn, Thirwell, Shaw

Now I wonder if Warnock kept Monty on in the hope he wont get sent off as if it's an ill tempered game Quinny would most likely get a red card. Monty is supposedly a better defender of the midfiled than Quinn, who likes to go forward a lot. Looks very much a defensively minded midfield.

Back to two upfornt so although Warnock is protecting the midfield he wants to make sure we have something up front, but will the front two get the delivery from that midfield? If Quinn and Liddel were on I would say yes to that but not sure now. I just hope the front two have a great game and keep Ward on the bench.

Well Warnock said that he was pleased with the performance of the team,is he living in dreamland we lost,Utd played reasonable but it is the same story all the strikers we have are total rubbish.All we keep saying is we are after this player & that player & who do we get no one,unless we get a decent midfielder who can control the midfield area & a striker who can put the ball in the net we can forget the playoffs.If I was Warnock I would stick all the strikers in the reserves.Becket scored again 5 in 4 matches not bad.Warnock buys players & lets other teams benefit.I have admiration for what Warnock has done at the Lane but come on some of the team selection has been poor.Monty & Geary were terrible,while Quinn & Liddell were left on the bench until it was too late again.anyway hope we get someone in for the coming week.UP THE BLADES.Newcastle tracking Paddy Kenny ,after yesterdays goal at the near post I would not bother.

well yesterdays game was not all gloom and doom like people are seeming to suggest!!

we played really well at points, granted we made so many mistakes it was untrue!!

kenny, well if newcastle want him, they can have him if we manage to bring a decent keeper in, ie paul gerrard/ian bennett

morgan, well..... morgan is morgan, loses his rag a bit too easily!!

cullip, not sure if spending money on him was well worth it, perhaps a try for gabbidon of cardiff?

harley, well harley we dont deserve him, too good for us at times!

bromby, dint see him that much, except for that awful header at the back post!! but i will let him off!!

geary...... dear oh dear me, i love geary, think he is a good player, but yesterday, unsworth just glided past him (yes you are reading that UNSWORTH) which in my eyes was awful from geary, after that, every time he touched the ball, a mistake was made!!

tonge, decentish game, good awareness from him again!! still lazy

monty, well i dont even think he deserves to be mentioned

jags had a very decent game again i think!!

cads, well he had the chance to set gray up for 1-0, he shot, missed!! rest is history!! but after that he knew he had made a mistake and then tried passing the ball, not very good though!!!

gray.... well dint do much, but is always a threat!!!

quinn and liddell dint do anything once on either, neither did gray

Yeah Robbie Utd did play well in patches,but Warnock said we played well & is not worried ,well if I was a manager of any team & my strikers were not scoring I would be worried.Reading are having the same problem,the Ipswich defence is no better than our's but they score goals.All the talk at the Lane is we are going for this player & that player but we never get anyone,Spurs had the same problem & it drove the fans mad,promising players that never arrived.I think Warnock should recall Beckett & let Huddersfield have Ward or Caddy.Beckett has scored 5 in 4 so I would give him a shot,can't be any worse than what's happening at the moment.UP THE BLADES

Michael Tonge cites the 2 striking combination of Wigan & Ipswich as the reason why Utd are out of the automatic promotion places.Kuqi & Bent & Ellington,Roberts have done the double over us & Tonge puts it down to the quality of their strikers ,as to why they are in the promotion position & we are not.When a player starts saying things about his team mates alarm bells should be heard ringing,if Tonge can see the problem & the Utd supporters ,why can't the manager.UP THE BLADES

To be honest tosh I think Warnock can see the problem and would probably like to table a bid for a good striker but when it comes to wags we will not cough up the cash. £250,000 spent on Cullip, a lot of money people say but if that was spent on a striker the wages would be a lot more than what we pay Cullip.

I would like to see David Johnson upfront with Gray. Johnson likes to run at defenders and shoot around the 18 yard area, that's something we don't have in our strikers, Gray as we know is dangerous and holds the ball up really well if he has someone to lay it off to (which at the minute he doesn't).

Put a bid in for Johnson and pay the man a good wage as it could be the spark we need to get us up to 3rd as I think 1st & 2nd are taken up now.

As for the keeper situation, I still think Kenny will be one of the best keepers united have had recently. I can only see him improving even more if he has some good competition (Gerrard/Bennett) but for now he has it easy it seems.

True D I would love Utd to get Johnson as he has had an argument with Meggy,things are not good at Forest for him,like you said wages, but if we went into the premiere league we would pay a hell of a lot more than we are at the moment.So are we a promotion chasing side or are we going to be a safe mid table team bent on safety rather than taking the risk of spending some cash.We will have to wait & see if the board has the balls to back Warnock.UP THE BLADES

Archived