Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Originally posted by tosh13

True D I would love Utd to get Johnson as he has had an argument with Meggy,things are not good at Forest for him,like you said wages, but if we went into the premiere league we would pay a hell of a lot more than we are at the moment.So are we a promotion chasing side or are we going to be a safe mid table team bent on safety rather than taking the risk of spending some cash.We will have to wait & see if the board has the balls to back Warnock.UP THE BLADES

Warnock knows who and what he wants, but I wonder if he is not as ruthless with the board as he should be? Yes he can spot a bargin and make good of the money he has but maybe it's time he was nasty with the board. Any other manager would have walked out by now with the restrictions of cash.

Scottf I hope your contact is having a joke, I really can see this as a waste of money. As we have seen though most of Warnocks signings haved proved us wrong (except for Ward)

it would be great. If we could get 3 million for Kenny and then get Bennett for 500,000. However this is the Blades and we'll get 500,000 for Kenny and pay the same for Bennett:rant:

Originally posted by scottf

I have heard from someone that it looks like akinbye is on his way to the lane.

lets hope he gets lost on the way:clap:

Originally posted by carcrash

The guardian are saying that Paddy Kenny could be on his way to Newcasle for 3 million. Anybody heard anything.

Yeah Sunday Mirror said Souness had sent someone down to the Lane to keep an eye on him,after saturdays first goal,I would not bother,I rate Bennett.& we don't want stoke's cast offs Acky is crap.Chopra or Johnson.

Originally posted by robbie

it would be great. If we could get 3 million for Kenny and then get Bennett for 500,000. However this is the Blades and we'll get 500,000 for Kenny and pay the same for Bennett:rant:

Wrong, we will get money for Kenny then get a £50,000 keeper from the lower leagues and never see the rest of the money as it will be ploughed into other interests, we may get another £50,000 striker though.

Do you really think that forest are going to sell him after they have let reid and dawson go?? no chance.

Johnson had a right barney with Meggy & he does not like players back chatting,look at the West Brom pantomime.But ask if Meggy would sell to Utd very doubtful because of the hatred factor,but you never know in footy it's a funny ole game as the man said.UP THE BLADES

Do you really think that forest are going to sell him after they have let reid and dawson go?? no chance.

I would have thought that after the sales of Reid and Dawson that damage limitation would have been the name of the game at Forest. However, as said by tosh Meggo doesn't take any crap off anyone so he may go to allow him to bring in someone else, saying that he would rather leave him to rot in the reserves than sell to the blades:rolleyes:

Archived