Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Well done Utd it has to be said even though I'm an Owl through and through.

The commentators seemed a bit baffled during the penalties though as to why the penalties saved weren't taken again due to Kenny being closer to the penalty spot than his line...

Tony Gayle was just moaning because he's an ex West ham player, but the linesman and ref saw nothing wrong with them so shut up Gayle, we beat you!!

Ah, an early start at the Arse so will remember not to go out Friday as i'll only end up waking after the game has finished:rolleyes:

I'm still wondering what they must have fed Montgomery before the match. Crikey, he looked like a footballer!!

Seriously though, I thought we thoroughly deserved it because as usual we had to fight with ten men and the desire and stomach was there for all to see. Tonge, Monty and Liddell were great and Kenny saved well.

You're right in saying Harewood had been looking for the penalty and diving around which is a shame because he is a quality player as is Sheringham who has the know-how to influence referees.

As Warnock has pointed out, we need a Football League referee for the match against the Arse, but I reckon Mr Poll would have been on the phone to the FA (and Mr Dein) come 6.45pm Sunday evening.

Good luck Blades and well done Warnock for shutting my gob yet again!

Yes, I also wonder if Monty has been eating his Weatabix? He looked like he belonged in that squad for a change, held the ball well found the runs of others and was defensively good, I hope he can keep this up.

I'm so excited now, can't wait for Saturday:clap:

blades deserved the win easily....well i gave up watchin at half time coz west ham were appauling and ive never seen a west ham side pass so bad and show such lack of effort. sheringham is still class and was ermmmm....using his experince to get free kicks...

pains me to say it but well dun blades.

im not a wednesday fan................im a west ham fan ;) but i can admit when we are awful...and oh my god we are!!

west ham better not go up coz we will get slaughtered.

on a side note though.....that high challenge on montgomery??(i think) was a immediate yellow card no doubt about it.. but his reaction to grab his head when it hit his shoulder was appaling. i think that kinda thing annoys me more than anything else in football today.

concentrate on leauge? nah.... concentrate on gettin rid of pardew and half our team :)

Billy Sharp is staying at Rushden and Diamonds for another month, Beckett ad Huddersifled for another month and Sestanovich has been released from the club. Billy has scored 2 in 2, Beckett 5 in 4, granted lower leagues but surely worth a look in the first team especially given both records they have Sharp was great in reserves and Beckett where ever he has been. Of course do it after the Arsenal game.

I don't know what we are trying to do with sharp- yes he seems like a good little goalscorer - but thats the key word- little!!! he is very young and for a club with premiership aspirations and with the current glut of strikers on our books i just can't see him featuring in our starting 11 for some time yet.

Originally posted by kelly_owls

Well done Utd it has to be said even though I'm an Owl through and through.

The commentators seemed a bit baffled during the penalties though as to why the penalties saved weren't taken again due to Kenny being closer to the penalty spot than his line...

You obviously missed the West Ham keep being in the same position for Tonge's and Jags pens but as these went wide and keeper didnt save them then no fuss was made, even though the same law applies.

Originally posted by Agent ****

Bring on Arsenal....

I soooo want to believe we'll win 1-0, but let's be real, we haven't got a chance have we?

Ah well, even if they stuff us 5-0 I'll still be a proud Blade.

Good luck against Arsenal.

You'd better hope Henry and co. aren't on form like they were against us (Crystal Palace) on Monday. :(

Archived