Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Hmmmm. I see where you're coming from, but just looking at all the sides who have been promoted over the last few years, they've all had decent strike partnerships where 20-40 goals have been scored throughout the season.

I really think this is what's stopping us being a top 2 side, we don't really have a goalscoring striker who is a constant threat.

Did you see The Times football moneymen article?

David Laver and two more of our directors are amongst the 100 richest men in football, with assets worth "between 80 to 120 million".

Still, why should they plough their personal fortune into the club to aleviate the clubs debt, they didn't become successful by giving money away.

Originally posted by scottf

When was the last time we had one of those since deane/agana??? we have always had strikers who do the work and with our midfield i think a player who is strong up there will be just as valuble!!!

We have had good strikers that could score 20+ a season, thing is we always sold them off. Andy walker did it for a while, Fjortoft, Deane (again), Bent, plus i'm sure there were others, we just got rid as soon as someone was interested. But I know what you mean and lately we have relied on a number of players combining rather than just two strikers.

Originally posted by Agent ****

Did you see The Times football moneymen article?

David Laver and two more of our directors are amongst the 100 richest men in football, with assets worth "between 80 to 120 million".

Still, why should they plough their personal fortune into the club to aleviate the clubs debt, they didn't become successful by giving money away.

The club isn't in debt tho, we are running a very tight ship at the moment and out accounting is good!! but i agree- mr laver has MORE than helped out sheffield united on a number of occasions with cash.

All this TV money we are getting is good for the club at the minute though!!!

Gray is in the FA player of the round. He is currently last in the voting, Sodje of Brentford and Commons of Forest are leading the pack, rightfully so too. Oh dear where are the Arse players? I though Liddell should have won the 3rd round player award and Kenny should be the nommination for this round, he had his best game for us against Arse.

Archived