Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Something tells me we were suffering a cup hangover, holding the premiership champions doesn't mean we take for granted points in the league! WTF happend? No reserve keeper yet again and we automatically think Jags is the answer, so without him on the field we **** up big style. Tonge looks like he will miss the Arse game and what Warnocks reaction be to this?

Plymouth, without a win since boxing day and a 5-0 whooping from west ham last week, is it me or do we loose these sort of games against teams that are struggling too often? Rotherham on Saturday and they have been drubbed 4-0 by Sunderland, wont be a pushover for us though, Why? I am more worried about this than the replay, will we try and sign a keeper if Kenny is not fit?

Come on Blades don't screw it up!

just want to say good look against the arse in the replay. you must be doing something right if wenger is thinking of fielding a stronger side than the first match. dont like to see the arse do well in the cups after what they did to us in 93!!!!!!!!!!.

Is it just me that agree's with warnocks policy of no sub keeper?? jags is a competant keeper and the times that we have needed an outfield player certainly out number the times when we have needed a keeper!!!

Hope we can pick it up on saturday- i won't be able to go in my local for months if we lose!!!!

Originally posted by duffman

Rotherham on Saturday and they have been drubbed 4-0 by Sunderland

it was 4-1 the final score dont forget that consolation goal!! :D but i think Warnock should always put a standby keeper on the bench... just in case.. Paddy's only human and does get injured and putting Jags in goal is not the answer

Originally posted by scottf

Is it just me that agree's with warnocks policy of no sub keeper?? jags is a competant keeper and the times that we have needed an outfield player certainly out number the times when we have needed a keeper!!!

Hope we can pick it up on saturday- i won't be able to go in my local for months if we lose!!!!

I agree that it is an uncommon occurance to use a sub Keeper, but if your reserve keeper is a midfield player who is in blinding form then you really want him on the field. However, we do have a big squad in the midfield department and plenty of capable players to repace jags, I just think it's better to be safe then sorry.

Originally posted by trophyman

just want to say good look against the arse in the replay. you must be doing something right if wenger is thinking of fielding a stronger side than the first match. dont like to see the arse do well in the cups after what they did to us in 93!!!!!!!!!!.

Well although it is in my blood to detest Wedneday I hate any souhtern team, esecially from London. Most the fans I know from London who support Arse think it's their right to be up there at the top so it was the only time I wanted the owls to win in 93' even after what you did to us.

According to the Star (the fine read that it is:rolleyes: ) we should sign Akinbiyi in an instant based upon last nights performance from the Blades. Hmmm, I just checked his stats for his career, he has only hit double figures in a season 4 times in 11 years and only hit 20+ once with Gillingham in 97-98 season. Proliffic? I think not, Beckett oh yes he is proliffic at the minute and has been most of his and has shown what he can do of late! Bring back Beckett!!!

Originally posted by scottf

The sooner we face it the sooner we can move on- warnock will not bring back beckett- he is leaving him there so he scores goals so he can sell him for a tidy sum of money- simple as that!!!

What do you think £100,000-£150,000? nice little profit that depending how well he does at Huddersfield they could offer £200,000 to make sure they get him.

Archived