Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Well I for one would like it if Warnock gave him a chance,our goalshy strikers are doing nothing at the moment.Against Plymouth to be fair Gray & Shaw saw nothing of the ball in the 2nd half,maybe due to Kenny going of did cause problems, to lose a player like Jags who is playing great did not help our cause,but Thirwell hardly touched the ball as our so called defence kept launching the ball over there heads.If it were not for the cup run I think the Utd fans would be asking some Questions about Warnocks selections,we never have a settled side & to lose our keeper again & not have cover is poor.Anyway hoping we start scoring against Rotherham.UP THE BLADES

Originally posted by scottf

Huddersfield have already said they can't afford him, i think another championship side will sign him to be honest.

I agree....Then he'll go and score 20 goals a season, 4 of them against us! :(.

Originally posted by scottf

Huddersfield have already said they can't afford him, i think another championship side will sign him to be honest.

Agreed, with the form he is showing it wouldn't suprise me if someone like L**ds went in for him and watch him pummel us in April, God forbid he may even go to Wendy if they're willing to splash some cash. The thing is someone will be willing to spend money on him and they are probably laughing at us for trying to sign Akinbiyi, Tommy Johnson, Hoidong, etc when we already have him on the books.

What a shame we missed out on the great goalscorer Akinbiyi,thank god he is going to Burnley.Why Warnock is dissapointed I do not know,Akinbiyi is rubbish & why has Beckett been recalled is it to play him or sell him,I believe Warnock should give the lad a go,he has scored more in the time he has been on loan,Aki has scored what 7 all season,good riddance.There's always Chopra & what about Mclean at Wednesday.We could get him for a few quid seeing as they are our feeder club LOL.UP THE BLADES

Something tells me we will be eating our keyboards when Akibiyi scores 15 for Burnley:suspect: Maybe Warnock reads the forum or maybe they got my drunken email I sent about this the other night. I threatend to never come again and burn my shirt:rolleyes: if we signed Akibiyi and not Johnson, or at least bring beckett back. I doubt it but someone has come to their senses anyway, let's hope it all falls in to place now, Beckett to score two against Toytown saturday if the match goes ahed.

Beckett is a better player than akinbiyi his stats for the 2002/03 season as follows.

League: 41 appearences 1 as sub -27 goals

FA Cup 2 apps -1 goal

League Cup -2 apps -1 goal

Total=29 goals in 45 Appearences not bad.

Well I for one think he should at least get on the bench for the Rotherham match.What have we got to lose.UP THE BLADES

Originally posted by tosh13

Beckett is a better player than akinbiyi his stats for the 2002/03 season as follows.

League: 41 appearences 1 as sub -27 goals

FA Cup 2 apps -1 goal

League Cup -2 apps -1 goal

Total=29 goals in 45 Appearences not bad.

Well I for one think he should at least get on the bench for the Rotherham match.What have we got to lose.UP THE BLADES

That was in a lower league remember!!!

Archived