Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Originally posted by duffman

Something tells me we will be eating our keyboards when Akibiyi scores 15 for Burnley:suspect: Maybe Warnock reads the forum or maybe they got my drunken email I sent about this the other night. I threatend to never come again and burn my shirt:rolleyes: if we signed Akibiyi and not Johnson, or at least bring beckett back. I doubt it but someone has come to their senses anyway, let's hope it all falls in to place now, Beckett to score two against Toytown saturday if the match goes ahed.

Be honest D do you really think Akinbiyi can score 15 in a season.He has had loads of chances & released by every club that has been stupid enough to pay big money for him.

Originally posted by scottf

That was in a lower league remember!!!

True scott, but look at Akibiyi's record and you can see he can not hack it at this level or higher so I would rather look at an unkown quantity than someone who has a record to prove they haven't done well.

Beckett will at least be on the bench for the Rotherham game but Warnock obviously doesn't think he is good enough.

I just read the latest and Warnock seems to spend more time having a dig at him and saying how many clubs have enquired about signing him, rather than saying what a good player he is :suspect:

yeah i have noticed that, he always does say about 'making the step up'

If he gave him more than 10mins we might find out!!! he will do well against rotherham and i think he should start, as should forte, he will rip them to shreds down that side and it would be good to give him a start, it can't be worse than we played against plymouth can it?

Originally posted by scottf

*touches wood repeatedly*

Im sure it won't be!!! Warnock should have put a rocket up there ars*s after that display and drop a couple of them!!!!

Hope so anyway, good news for Kenny as the injury is not a break or anything serious. However, he could be out for a while so Barnes will be in for Rotherham game but I wonder who will play for the Arsenal game? Will Warnock bring somoene else in or will Barnes get his 90 mins of fame? Remember Kenny got his shot at the big time in the semi final the other season, maybe Barnes can do the same.

Archived