Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

The team has been announced and i'm chuffed to see a certain Mr Kabba on the bench! :clap: . Good to see Kozluk starting too.

Blades:

Barnes, Kozluk, Harley, Bromby, Morgan, Jagielka, Quinn, Tonge, Johnson, Gray, Shaw. Subs: Montgomery, Liddell, Kabba, Geary, Beckett.

Why has Warnock put Johnson in the team,he said it was only in an emergency that he would have him in the team,Beckett should have started & great to see Kabba back.UP THE BLADES

Originally posted by tosh13

Why has Warnock put Johnson in the team,he said it was only in an emergency that he would have him in the team,Beckett should have started & great to see Kabba back.UP THE BLADES

Yeah, i was surprised to see him in the team too :?. Looks like he's going to play down the right as a replacement for Liddell . I'd have thought Francis would have been a better choice, unless he's injured?.

I would have played Geary,but Warnock takes till half time to realise his mistake.Listened to the 1st half on radio,man it was rubbish,I feel sorry for the blades supporters who have paid good money to see that 1st half,hope it's better in the 2nd half.UP THE BLADES

Awesome reception for Beckett and Kabba :clap: .

I think Shaw and Gray should start looking over their shoulders. When we first signed Liddell i wasn't sure about him but leaving him out for the first half showed how important he is.

very good to see kabba back! and a great reception too, bet he felt on top of the world! good to see him back to his usual ways of running at the opposition, he looked like hed never been missing! hope warnosk doesnt rush him back though, thats all we need if he hets injured.

Well a win is a win! All be it an ugly one at that, Johnson will only be used in an emergency then eh? OMG how much did we need liddel or francis who isn't injured so i'm suprised he didn't make the squad.

Kozzy had a good game but still prone to the odd mistake, Kabba was denied by a good save to stop him scoring, beckett too. Gray was quiet and Shaw although he scored a nice goal he did miss two good chances to put it beyond Rotherham so they better watch out.

We need to think about our style fo play now, we have fast, small, nippy strikers who like to run at defenders and get on the 50/50 balls. So we need to play down the middle of the park as much as we can now, we do not have a traditional target man to get in the air all the time and it shows. Kabba and Beckett were making great runs and the ball was being put on the flank for a cross no one got on the end of. Space was made and we missed the passes, something to be looked at i think.

Up the Blades, bring on the divers!

Erm....why has all of a sudden the name of the topic starter (me) changed to tosh13? It has always had Beastieboy on (my alter ego) and today i see an earlier post on a blades topic has come on, just found that a bit strange do we have forum pixies or gremlins working away at night? Tosh how much are you paying the gremlins? :suspect:

Warnock has told the fans to be paitient with the comeback of Kabba, so we may not see him play tuesday. Just hope Warnock see's right and put Liddel back on for Johnson and Francis on the bench.

Archived