Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Right then - clear a few things up- Barnes couldn't play cos he was on loan at the time of the original match, and johnston ISN'T coming to the lane cos megson hates warnock and won't release him.

Apart from that w did well- held the champions for 3 and a half hours without them looking like scoring or dominating- we terrorised there midfield leaving there centre halfs to run the game for them, kenny was amazing, jags and monty did a brilliant job and geary was fantastic, pity we couldn't have gotten forward a little more but u can't push up when your playing arsenal- they will just put balls behind you and run onto them!!!

Right- lets see if we can carry on in this vien of form and have another blinder on saturday!!!

UP THE BLADES!!

Originally posted by scottf

held the champions for 3 and a half hours without them looking like scoring or dominating-

UP THE BLADES!!

Yes, we battled to the death but they made us run and chase the ball, too much space was given at times to let Cygan of all people run at us. They had a succesion of 3-4 corners which we couldn't clear at all, luckily they didn't make anything of it. My heart was going like mad sometimes.

Utd had 58% of the game according to the Daily Mirror & although Arsenal seem to have more,Utd broke them down every attack & were fantastic.The main critisism I have with Warnock was to leave Gray up front for 2 hrs when we had Shaw on the bench & Kabba????.

Originally posted by tosh13

Utd had 58% of the game according to the Daily Mirror & although Arsenal seem to have more,Utd broke them down every attack & were fantastic.The main critisism I have with Warnock was to leave Gray up front for 2 hrs when we had Shaw on the bench & Kabba????.

And again he was forced to go wide alot so who was in the box? No one, that is the thing that gets me. I feel we could have done it with a 4-4-2 and still kept them at bay.

Totally agree D I felt sorry for Gray up there all on his own ,Warnock knew that Kenny was in pain on his right hip so why go for penaltys,when he knew he could not dive from that side.If I was Beckett I would ask for a transfer why buy him & not play him???.UP THE BLADES

Originally posted by tosh13

Totally agree D I felt sorry for Gray up there all on his own ,Warnock knew that Kenny was in pain on his right hip so why go for penaltys,when he knew he could not dive from that side.If I was Beckett I would ask for a transfer why buy him & not play him???.UP THE BLADES

Beckett wasn't allowed to play yesterday because he was on loan during the time of the first Arsenal match, and in a replay you can't use players who were on loan during the original game. I hope Warnock will play him more.. I would like to see him play on Saturday.

Archived