Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

I think Geary is a top player he works so hard & against Cole he was fantastic ,Cole could not get away from him.I know fans have voted for Paddy for man of the match but I think Geary should have got that.UP THE BLADES

Thank God we have 51 points relegation fodder at the moment.Lose against Plymouth,got lucky against Rotherham & today against Cardiff it was so bad I nearly threw the wifes cd player out of the window.I feel so sorry for the Blades Fans who travelled all the way down to Cardiff to see such rubbish.Warnocks team formation & selection has gone,he cannot get any of his strikers to score,just lamping the ball up field in the bad wind in Cardiff means you lose the ball to the opposition, you play the ball on the ground.I am not a manager but if you change your formation to 4-4-2 with 10 mins to go is plain stupidity,we should have gone at Cardiff from the off & used wingers to get crosses into our strikers ,but no all we can do is bypass midfield by lamping the ball back to Cardiff,how many times did Kenny kick the ball in the 1st half back to their goalkeeper.Well I am sad to say this but if our free kick ,corners & set plays don't improve our playoffs chances have gone.up the blades

I knew this would happen. I said at start of season I didn't think united would get promoted, and apart from the cup games I've seen very little to alter that opinion.

We're looking awful in the league.

we just get worse.

Nice to see we altered our tactics to account for the weather. :loopy: hoofing long balls to slow strikers

What a joke.

Has there ever been a year when we have created less chances? Or had less shots on goal?

Well F*** me. I don't know what to say, except see you next season. I have been listening to radio Sheffield and the presenter recons that we will still make the playoffs as we have 3 games in hand. 3 seasons in a row I remember us having at least 2 games and blowing them to either go top or secure a playoff spot. We see teams like Reading, Derby, and Preston go above us then below us then back above again.

I am fed of of Warnock now and we need a board who are a bit more daring in the transfer market. Always supported them to the end but now it's just too much for me, i'm not jumping on any bandwagon, but does it seem this is the furthest we will get with the current set up? I think it is and we have been lucky because of the young playersthat have stayed at the club.

Going to the game tuesday though as ever. Will be supporting the team though and not calling for Warnocks head (just yet) in the hope we can win the games in hand.

I'm sure Harley was a 2 million pound player at some stage. He looks like he's playing in school football when trying to defend in some games.

Shaw used to run rings round us when he played in attacking mdfield for Gillingham. Warnock hasn't got that far in his Penguin tactics books to play that way.

Any time we buy, get or a skillful player comes through the youth team he seems to do a good job of coaching any talent out of them

Originally posted by robbie

I'm sure Harley was a 2 million pound player at some stage. He looks like he's playing in school football when trying to defend in some games.

Shaw used to run rings round us when he played in attacking mdfield for Gillingham. Warnock hasn't got that far in his Penguin tactics books to play that way.

Any time we buy, get or a skillful player comes through the youth team he seems to do a good job of coaching any talent out of them

Harley was a £3.5 million player.Fulham paid that for him from Chelsea,he was a good player what's happened.???

Since Jan 1st 2005 to March 5th 2005 Utd have scored 4 League Goals & 6 in the FA Cup. 4 League goals in 2 months is pathetic,I do not believe that the strikers we have are that bad up to half way through the season we scored regularly,but in the new year nothing.It is the tactics being played 4-4-2 has been the most profitable for the Blades so why does Warnock keep messing around with the formation as if he has a squad like Arsenal or Man Utd,we haven't got that many good players.So unless he gets his finger out we are finished for the playoffs wether we have games in hand or not,if we cannot beat the likes of Plymouth & Cardiff we do not deserve to get in the playoffs.A £1m from the FA Cup Warnock said we lost Akyinbiyi who got sent off after 3 mins we cannot get Johnson or Hulse or Mellor these players will not come to the Lane because they know Warnock messes around with the team too much.Quinn has been fantastic all season but what does he do leave him on the bench.Well Wards nearly fit the goal machine so we don't have to worry.UP THE BLADES

Archived