Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

I wonder if Warnock will start calling the fans idiots and morons for slating him, i heard the radio comments from fans, not good.

He said that we are easy to forget what the team has done in the cup, but then we are told to forget the cup and concentrate on the league and back the players?!?!?! What am I supposed to do? Of course pay money out every year and just put up with what we are given. Hmmm need to cool off before the game tuesday.

Well Wards nearly fit the goal machine so we don't have to worry

well he may be playing for a prison 11 soon :suspect: (crosses fingers)

I don't really blame the strikers though. Half the time there is just Gray on his own. While I think he's a decent goalscorer he hardly has the height, weight or speed to play a lone striker role. Although he tries his best.

We just don't create chances. Crossing has been poor for years. Tend to play the ball in the air most of the time instead of to striker's feet.

Here is a radical thought. If Warnock wants to persist with the 4-5-1 thing why not try and get Ricketts on loan? I know he's been comedy woeful for Leeds but he is a England international and is used to playing that system.

im getting really fed up with warnock tactics & his desire to sign 30 somethings.

Why doesent he just get a 1m striker and forget about the likes of shaw, ward, beckett - sorry but they arent good enough for a promotion chasing team.

and what a laughing stock we were at half time with the new chinese OAP - even i wanted to join the Arsenal fans with "the the F***in hell are you!"

if he plays him - then I will thrown my season ticket away - and never return tll Warnock goes.

This is the 1st time ive every critisised Warcock - but enough is enough!

I dont think we'll get a decent striker while Warnock is around for 2 reasons

1) Nobody likes him

2) a Good player wont want to share his signing on fee with Warnock

Well, I am a woman and I watched United when I was 11 years old.

I had a season ticket for a long time but I cannot enjoy watching them now.

I remeber the days of Alan Woodward and Tony currie, then later, the magical Brian Deane and Tony Agana.

There has been nothing to compare ever since.

There is no passion in footbal any more.

Most of the premiership footballers are grossly overpaid and underworked.

They have it on a plate.

My brother who is 57 has continued to watch United and sees the good side of them,but when I watch them now, it is pure stress and frustration, though I felt they gave Arsenal a run for their money when they went there.

There has to be a real desire to want to play and win.There is no fear for players that do not play well,we have no one to take their place.

I think Warnock really belives in United but they really do need to give him some money to get strikers who are passionate and committed and can get the ball in the back of the net.

I know that sounds so obvious, but that is really what football is all about and providing crowd pleasing moments that will make people like me want to go back to the Lane and relive the glory days!

That's fair enough espadrille, but I really think now that even given a couple of million Warnock would still go buy players of the likes of Akinbiyi, Ward, etc. Having some money would just allow him to snap up a wearhouse full of them, and I really do doubt him now.

Originally posted by kelly_owls

Haven't you already like a squad that consists of about 400 strikers!?!

Who would you get rid of to get a better player in?

Ward, Ward, Ward, Ward and Wards brother.....Ward. If we got in one or even two decent strikers then Cademateri and Shaw would probably go along with Beckett, yes I know we were calling for him to be played but if we got the goods, no point in keeping excess baggage. We would keep Kabba, Gray if we got in two really good strikers.

Kelly, you can have ward and we will take Mclean in his place.

hi duffman, just apoint raised on the radio yesterday about warnock getting the sack. i said about 10 daysago it was make or break for warnock on the run up tothe arsenal game at the lane and the following lg game. ok the cupmatch was lost , but warnock was a hero to hear the majority of sufc fans. they were outplayed yesrerday at cardiff but with the games in hand its all to play for. personally i think hes gone as far as he can, tatically and as regards player buying, bit similar to chris turner . one point about warnock he loves your club and itll be very difficult to get someone with there heart in the job like him.

Originally posted by brooksy

hi duffman, just apoint raised on the radio yesterday about warnock getting the sack. i said about 10 daysago it was make or break for warnock on the run up tothe arsenal game at the lane and the following lg game. ok the cupmatch was lost , but warnock was a hero to hear the majority of sufc fans. they were outplayed yesrerday at cardiff but with the games in hand its all to play for. personally i think hes gone as far as he can, tatically and as regards player buying, bit similar to chris turner . one point about warnock he loves your club and itll be very difficult to get someone with there heart in the job like him.

Yes it will be hard to find someone with the same passion for the club but it may be easier to find someone tactically better. Someone who can spend well and play football on a more consistent basis that we do sometimes, we can play play football and have the players but we forget and it ends up getting lofted down the pitch. The midfield can take a break cause you know when Morgan gets the ball a big diagonal wallop will follow.

Warnock knows his job is in the balance and he should expect a bit more flack, if he doesn't like it then he can sod off. I didn't think I would be saying this but I just have lost faith in him, not the team but Warnock himself.

Archived