Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Originally posted by tosh13

Well done for going all that way,Warnock should apologies to all of you that went to Wales or give you your money back.Top Supporter.UP THE BLADES

Thanks for your kind words Tosh.

It was a long way back. On the way our driver decided to pull into a pub so we could have a pint to try and lift our spirits. After he had checked with his wife he told us he was in no hurry to get back home. So we were able to relax over our drinks. The days of slinging it down the neck are well gone. We had a meaningful discussion about our club and the talk turned to Warnock and his tactics, then it moved on to whether Warnock will be here next season if we don’t make the play offs or even it we do make the play offs. On our league performances of late I fear we may slip further away from the chasing pack. I hope I’m wrong. Sometimes its not good having a vote straight after another defeat as there could be knee jerk reactions. But we did and the vote came out in favour of Warnock calling it a day at the end of the season. Three of our group are considering not renewing their season tickets.

A work colleague told me at the beginning of the season that its been hard work watching Wednesday for the last few years. On our league performances its getting that way with us. But like him I’m passionate about MY team and will stick with the Blades through thick and thin.

Quinn came back from international duty & for what ever reason Warnock has not been playing him,Warnock has been praising him all season????.As for Monty if we get £500.000 for him thats good business he's not bad but at times a bit sluggish.I think Warnock should play Shaw & Beckett up front on tuesday & give it a go,after all Shaw has scored for us recently in open play ,Gray hasn't maybe he needs a rest,as he run all over the place in the 2 cup matches.UP THE BLADES

didn't he come back from suspension and suddenly found himself on the bench.

He is the only midfielder who may score half regularly. since the midfield are incapable of creating many chances it seems daft to drop one who can score.

Yes Quinn came back from internation duty was suspended,but Warnock has kept him on the bench???.He is a cracking player with plenty of speed & skill,we need wingers to get those crosses in to our strikers,look at all the best teams who score regular have wingers.Warnock put Kabba on the wing but he is a striker,I would put Gray in behind Kabba,Shaw or Beckett.It is worth a try because at the moment we are by passing midfield & we have some decent midfield players.Warnock said in the 1st half we played well but could not score,well he is the manager & waited until the last 15 mins to go 4-4-2 & he mentioned the windy conditions ok it was windy so why didn't he tell the players to keep the ball on the ground ,we play much better that way,rather than lamping the ball up the field & bypassing our midfield.Also he should give young Francis a run now he is fit.anyway I am hoping we can do the business against Crewe & remain positive.UP THE BLADES

It's actions like those (keeping players on the bench) that stop the top players coming here, it wouldn't suprise me if someone came in for Quinn at the end of the season, and wouldn't suprise me if he said yes, especially to first team football.

We have lacked consistency all season but that's because of a constantly changing team even without injuries and subs. Bring it on tomorrow, let's get a crewe early on because if we sit back then the boo boys will be out, so expect a rough night Warnock!

did we ever get an official Barry Hayles line? From what I could make out he was promised to be starting when he signed then after 3 games was dropped and walked out.

I would like Warnock to get in touch with WBA & put a bid in for Hulse he is only on loan at Leeds,he looks a classy player & only 25 just the sort of player Utd could do with & offer Ward & anybody else they might want.Blackwell said that Leeds would have to offload some more players because of the wage bill ,but he still seems to get players ,we try & nothing,unless we show how serious we are in trying to get into the premiere league no player will want to come to the Lane.UP THE BLADES

Warnock asked about Johnson but Forest wanted 1 of our players & Warnock said that was a no go area,why give him Ward,If Warnock thinks Johnson can be the man to score us goals what's his problem,none of the others are doing it.Sometime football managers have no sense of reason.If you want the player bad enough you go & get him.Anyway we will slaughter Crewe tomorrow so c'mon you Blades.UP THE BLADES

I would like Warnock to get in touch with WBA & put a bid in for Hulse he is only on loan at Leeds,he looks a classy player & only 25 just the sort of player Utd could do with & offer Ward & anybody else they might want.Blackwell said that Leeds would have to offload some more players because of the wage bill ,but he still seems to get players ,we try & nothing,unless we show how serious we are in trying to get into the premiere league no player will want to come to the Lane.UP THE BLADES

Hulse is a similar player to Gray though. He wont score unless we create chances for him!!!!

Archived