Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Sheffield United boss Neil Warnock admits any Premiership club worth their salt is likely to be tracking the progress of Phil Jagielka.

But the Blades chief insists he has heard nothing about a supposed interest in the full-back from Birmingham.

Jagielka is one of United's rising stars and reports over the weekend had suggested he was being targeted by Blues boss Steve Bruce.

Warnock, however, has dismissed that as pure speculation, although he admits he would not be surprised to see clubs taking a closer look at the 22-year-old.

He said: "I've no doubt that anybody with decent scouts in the Premiership will be watching him but it is all speculation as far as I'm concerned."

Gabbidon has been given permission to talk to Sunderland,Kavanagh hasn't he gone to Wigan,Matt Jansen would be a good buy,is he injured he has not been in the team since he last scored some months ago,Warnock should look at Chopra on loan from Newcastle to Barnsley he's having a cracking 1st season 14 goals.Anyway i cannot see Warnock getting anyone in until start of the new season.UP THE BLADES

So who goes at the end of the season if we don't go up then?

Jags- birmingham

Paddy- Newcastle

Beckett and cads will deffo go to division 1 teams

Francis- Turned down charlton so he could play 1st team football

Tongue- would be a prem class player if he could be arsed- still think someone will take a gamble on him.

Quinn- not gotta be happy that monty is keeping him out of the side.

and last but not least- warnock, will definatly pack it in if we don't go up this year.

BUT - i still think we can make the playoffs, i don't think we can win them unless we buy a quality centre forward and keep morgan and bromby in the middle at the back, i will be there tonight and i am on the 9am train on saturday down to stoke- come on blades- we can do this!!!

Warnock is still interested in Stern John & Johnson from Forest,he should get his finger out & buy 1 of them instead of looking at loans,I would love it he we could get Chopra or Stead & Jansen but I think that's a no go area anyone over £500.000 & Utd cannot afford them,look at Leeds they have got a few good players on loan Hulse for one who has started really well,why can't we get decent players like them instead of donkeys like Ward.Anyway am going to remain positive & we will stuff Crewe tonight.UP THE BLADES

Johnstone is staying at forest for the rest of the seson cos megson doesn't want him helping a neil warnock led side- plus forest have just unloaded marlin king for the rest of the season.

Stern John also won't be coming to the lane he has said also.

I really don't think there is anyone of a good enough quality available to come to the lane, hulse is good yes but he isn't someone who is going to bang in 10 goals before the end of the season!!

I can't help but wonder how many players/teams are put off dealing with us because of warnock?

Warnock was quoted saying on the news he would rather get in two or three more average strikers (so to speak) then go for the likes of Stead, Johnson, Mellor or whoever he has been linked with regardless if they will come or not. He thinks if we get in a couple more players we can get in the playoffs then buy whoever we want when we are in the premiership.

Ha when?!?! If that is his theory then then I say get him out, I normally stick buy him but now just had enough of his BS. Heard some fans calling o get Gordan Strachan in? The board would love that as he will want money for a start to spend on players.

Well done to the lads :clap: :clap: :clap:

I hope the fans that went to the Lane tonight enjoyed the 'Kabba show'.

It sounded like it was a new team out there tonight, Morgan and Cullip apparently had a man mountain in their pocket all night and the Gray/Kabba partnership up front is already looking ominous for other teams :thumbsup: .

The other strikers may as well pack their bags now (starting with Ward).

Originally posted by tosh13

Hulse is the same type of player as Gray behave ,Hulse scores goals LOL.

you were saying:D

Originally posted by vidster

Well done to the lads :clap: :clap: :clap:

I hope the fans that went to the Lane tonight enjoyed the 'Kabba show'.

It sounded like it was a new team out there tonight, Morgan and Cullip apparently had a man mountain in their pocket all night and the Gray/Kabba partnership up front is already looking ominous for other teams :thumbsup: .

The other strikers may as well pack their bags now (starting with Ward).

Yes bye bye Ward! Although Cads still looks a bundle of energy, I wish someone would just put his targeting system straight. He deserved a goal, but it was good to see we didn't slip up which was expected of us tonight. I felt a complete t*t trying to shout and sing, it was so quiet.

Let's hope we can see a Gray/Kabba partnership form now. We passed the ball unlike Saturday and look what it did for us, yes Crewe are not an inform team but neither are Cardiff and we lost to them, plus we had lost 5 out of 6 before hand so we were not doing well.

C'mon Blades!

As a blade I know we wont be going up,its more bull from warnock,he has really lost the plot thios season.

We have gone steadily backwards since Micheal Brown left the club and I dont see it changing till Warnock and the board are gone.

Just look at the players we have gone for and ended up missing out on,it must indeed come down to the terms united are offering,why else would a player choose burnley over us??

UP THE BLADES.

Archived