Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

I work at the ground and the game it's self was brilliant but the crowd attendence was crap. When we were going in it came over the radio that there was only 11 thousand something but they anounced it as 16 thousand something. Why do thy lie when it was obviouse when looking that there wasn't taht many.

Wheres all the support??? There aren't that many true supporters is there!!

Originally posted by MarkB

I work at the ground and the game it's self was brilliant but the crowd attendence was crap. When we were going in it came over the radio that there was only 11 thousand something but they anounced it as 16 thousand something. Why do thy lie when it was obviouse when looking that there wasn't taht many.

i'm sure there's some funny number crunching going on there with regards to the attendances. It was quiet, and p*** annoying that no one would get up and sing. I'm fed up of getting it from my owls mates at work, aswell as on here about crowds. People ask for chepaer ticket prices and when they get then no one turns up, but i suppose if they were full price we would have been down to 13-14k

I Still don't get why people want the board out- they are doing a good job- they protected us when ITV digital went bust and have made us into a profitable club- we are actually very ripe for a takeover by some very rich people!!! they have made funds available for warnock- but it is him that has not chosen available targets.

Good display last night though altho i think if we hadn't have won last night there would have been some very big questions for warnock and the players to answer this morning- hopefully we can go down to stoke on sat and turn them over too!! anyone else going down? We will be on the 9am train from sheffield if anyone wants to join us for a beer or 2.

Originally posted by scottf

I Still don't get why people want the board out- they are doing a good job- they protected us when ITV digital went bust and have made us into a profitable club- we are actually very ripe for a takeover by some very rich people!!! they have made funds available for warnock- but it is him that has not chosen available targets.

Good display last night though altho i think if we hadn't have won last night there would have been some very big questions for warnock and the players to answer this morning- hopefully we can go down to stoke on sat and turn them over too!! anyone else going down? We will be on the 9am train from sheffield if anyone wants to join us for a beer or 2.

Possibly going to that Scott so let me see what travel arrangments i'm making then i'll let you know.

Firstly any business that try's to mess about with there financial figures will have Mr Taxman on there back,16,079 for the attendance is not bad for a cold winters tuesday night match,who cares anyway,why the hell is there this obsession with attendances in Sheffield,I for one think the performance last night was 1 st class & great to see 4-4-2 used .See Warnock listened to me after the Cardiff match so he's not all bad.But what worried me was his qoute in the paper saying that he can't use Kabba all the time why not,he is the striker we have been waiting for,granted his injuries can still cause some worry but if Kabba feels ok & is fit to play I for one say play the guy up front with Gray.UP THE BLADES

Originally posted by MarkB

they used to annouce the attendance lower in the old days. saves a few grand on tax.....

Yeah ok Robbie but to what ends would Utd benefit by doctoring the attendances,its silly really,I only care about how Utd are doing in the league,I sadly cannot get to the lane I have not for many years because of where I live & my disability,but I am with all you top supporters who spend your money regular going to see our great footy club & keep sending us your great reports,as I feel as though I have been on the Kop.UP THE BLADES

That's me, spending my money on the club without thinking, it's like a drug. But keeps me busy on saturday. Can't make the Stoke game though, dissapointed but got something that should make up for it:heyhey:

Stoke have the worst scoring record in the league (yes worse than rotherham) with 24 goals this season, and we wanted their top striker?!?!?! However, they have only conceded 25 goals, although if we play like we did on tueday then I would be fully confident of another good scoreline for thr Blades.

Archived