Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Originally posted by MarkB

I work at the ground and the game it's self was brilliant but the crowd attendence was crap. When we were going in it came over the radio that there was only 11 thousand something but they anounced it as 16 thousand something. Why do thy lie when it was obviouse when looking that there wasn't taht many.

Wheres all the support??? There aren't that many true supporters is there!!

Anyone who never misses a home game like me can look round the ground and make a reasonable estimate of the crowd. There were nowhere near 16,000 there Tuesday night. It was more like 12,000.

Good news, Chris Armstrong played 30 mins in the reserves against Tranmere in a 1-0 win. Hao Hoidong set up the winning goal for Ryan Gyaki to volley home. If Armstrong can make a full recovery that would be fantastic news for the Blades. I really rated him along with Francis, I hope they can both start pushing for first team places by the end of the season.

Hopefully if they're not sold on in the summer they will be regulars in the squad wherever we are.

Is armstrong and francis better than anyone we have in our current starting XI as the moment?? its nice to see them push for places but i really don't think that they will break into the side and hold down a regular place with the squad we have now!!

On the contrary, I think they can be better with time, yes the playes we have are doing well and are class but I believe they are part of the future. Francis came back from injury and was immediately selected for for the england u20 squad.

We have a good future if we keep these players and they are allowed to push for first team places, otherwise we will be buying and selling them just as back up that never get used.

Warnock has just said tha tyoungsters like kevin hurst will be more involved next season- if he is saying that why doesn't he play forte more?? the lad has talets- thats obvious and if he put a bit of muscle on he has the possibility to be a good player but he needs 1st team games!! We were 4-0 up on tue and warnock brought geary on instead of forte- why?

Well not sure, we have a lot of young talent in this team and in the academy. Remember Tyrone Thompson the other season? Was brimming with promise but now never see him, we need to select carefully who we play but it is time we blooded more youngsters into the squad to try them out. Time will tell though, let's just hope we don't sell someone or let them go for them to become a premiership star.

Originally posted by duffman

Well not sure, we have a lot of young talent in this team and in the academy. Remember Tyrone Thompson the other season? Was brimming with promise but now never see him, we need to select carefully who we play but it is time we blooded more youngsters into the squad to try them out. Time will tell though, let's just hope we don't sell someone or let them go for them to become a premiership star.

god yes- that tyrone went to a div 1 club i believe and hasn't surfaced again so that seems like a good deal!!!

Another striker this afternoon? hhmm- can't see it being johnsone cos megson said he wouldn't let him go to us but then again- he made him train with the under 13's yesterday!!!!

Originally posted by scottf

god yes- that tyrone went to a div 1 club i believe and hasn't surfaced again so that seems like a good deal!!!

Another striker this afternoon? hhmm- can't see it being johnsone cos megson said he wouldn't let him go to us but then again- he made him train with the under 13's yesterday!!!!

I know the hatred between Meggo and Warnock is great but if Megson needs to get rid of Johnson he will off load him. If the board have a say in this especially if we are desperate to get him in they will want him out.

Archived