Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Terrible result again,Warnock messing about with tactics again,like I said we need a more experienced defender,look at Stoke Dubbery & Taggart did well,we can forget the playoffs & sorry to say but Warnock has run his time.On radio Sheffield moan or praise after the match ,all Utd supporters said they had enough of Warnock messing about with the tactics,but I still do not understand why he played Cads,he did nothing & to leave Liddell & Monty out our 2 most consistent players is barmy.anyway we look like we will be playing the Owls next season.UP THE BLADES

Every time we get a good result, my hopes increase.

But throughout the season we've had so many false dawns. Unless we can string together 4 or 5 victories in a row (yeah right), forget promotion.

The Championship; we love it. Best league in the world:(

Originally posted by brooksy

spoke to a chap last night who works in the sales at utd and he told me a deals almost done to bring gordon strachan in next season.

Certainly would be different to have Strachan in but can Utd afford his wages? What about Keegan aswell, he will be looking for a quick return you think?

to be honest duffman i tink keegan will be lucky to get a job fitting exhausts,personally id go with strachan. i think sometimes you need an outsider if you no what i mean, warrnock being a sheffield man. wev had it at weds with turner,danny wilson.

Just read in the Sunday People that Warnock is about to bid for Chopra at Barnsley,while I have been saying for some months Warnock should enquire about Chopra,I feel we need a good experienced centre half.Is Warnock obsessed with strikers,Listening to the match yesterday Thirwell hardly touch the ball,while Liddel was on the bench????.Kabba should be ok for tuesday hope so.UP THE BLADES.

The theory from Warnock about liddel was that he would be no good against Stoke because hi crosses would just be blocked out by their defence, so that's all he thinks liddel is good for then? Well he needs to rethink what certain players can do for the team, Liddel can do loads more than just cross the ball you know Warnock.

Originally posted by townblade

Stoke's first goal our defence was shocking!

Stoke's second goal our defence ******* shocking!!!!!

When their second goal went a blade fan just to my right stood up and shouted THATS IT, ON YOUR WAY WARNOCK, ON YOUR WAY. A few minutes later him and his pal left the ground.

What are the views of the readers?

Could the mods put up a voting option for us?

O should Warnock go

O should Warnock stay

As a Wednesday fan I think Warnock should stay. He’s doing a smashing job. :D :D :D

I still think Warnock is the right man for the job. We just can't attract the big players because (a) we can't afford them, and (b) we aren't a big club.

Why would bigger players come to united, when teams like ipswich, sunderland, west ham, wigan etc etc etc have more chance of reaching the premiership, and can pay better wages?

If you look at what Warnock has to work with, it's no wonder we aren't challenging for the top places.

Strikers; we may have finally sorted this situation out, with one or two capable of banging in a few goals if the midfield can provide ammunition for them. We really need to get rid of the dead wood like Ward though.

Midfield; Tonge hasn't looked great all season, he seems to be missing Brown (the whole midfield does). Montgomery is at best average, Lidell and Thirwell aren't exactly top class either.

Defence; at times can be really strong, but sometimes looks really fragile. Impressed by Bromby and Jagielka, but while I admire Morgans aggression he can be a liability.

Goalkeeper; Kenny has no competition.

Not exactly what I'd call promotion contenders unfortunately.

Originally posted by stevie1957

As a Wednesday fan I think Warnock should stay. He’s doing a smashing job. :D :D :D

Yes, thank you very much for your opinion Stevie. For those of you who don’t know, Stevie is a pal of mine. I’ll see you in the pub later and bye-the-way it’s your round. :rant::)

Archived