Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

I'm 6'3" let me play, all I do is go flying in on set pieces, better than Morgans tactic of holding the defender down to give away a free kick :mad:

I was watching the 2002-03 season dvd and half our goals were from free kicks and corners. Asaba, Page, Murphy, Allison all went in without second thought on the end of an Ndlouv cross and got crucial goals for us. Along with someone like Pesch to come and bang them in we had a solid team there, We have no one like that now.

Originally posted by duffman

I'm 6'3" let me play, all I do is go flying in on set pieces, better than Morgans tactic of holding the defender down to give away a free kick :mad:

I was watching the 2002-03 season dvd and half our goals were from free kicks and corners. Asaba, Page, Murphy, Allison all went in without second thought on the end of an Ndlouv cross and got crucial goals for us. Along with someone like Pesch to come and bang them in we had a solid team there, We have no one like that now.

Too true D our players have no guts,I get about on my electric scooter,you head the ball down & I'll be there to knock it in GOAL LOL

Surely Warnock has to go now,he gets players in and then puts them on the bench he is a joke.

We will be lucky to finish in the top half of the table at this rate,watching the blades lately is nearly as bad as being made to watch the owls.

I say lets get Ronnie Moore in before we lose touch with the play offs.

Up the Blades.

Why not put kabba and johnston up front togeather,its got to be better than what we have at the moment.

Of course we need to look after kabbs till he regains full fitness,but he is the right type to have in the striker department.

As to Warnock eithjer he gets us up this season or he has to go,he has had years to get this right,long enough in my book.

Originally posted by robbie

maybe regularly playing 2 strikers would get us more first goals. Just a theory:suspect:

You crazy? :loopy: never heard such a thing.

Yes Roy he has had 5 years now, he got us away from relagation and took us so close until the day that never happend in cardiff. But now we need to move on and he may give it up anyway if we don't go up.

Originally posted by royjames

As to Warnock eithjer he gets us up this season or he has to go,he has had years to get this right,long enough in my book.

I still don't think Warnock should go unless things are likely to improve under another manager. If they sack Warnock at the end of the season just because the Blades didn't get promoted, then are we going to have a new manager every year like the Owls?

At least Warnock has provided stability with very limited funds, unlike most of the other Championship teams. We are 9nth in the table at the moment, and only 3 points behind the play-offs. If that is reason to sack the manager, then it will be difficult to find a new manager as presumably all the other teams below us will be wanting to sack theirs too!

With the money the board have given to Warnock to spend on the team, the Blades would probably be fighting relegation under another manager. If (as rumour goes) he is replaced next season by Gordon Strachan, I don't think things will improve at all.... in fact I think there may be chants of "Bring Back Warnock!"

all these rumours about strachan and keegan - load of tosh- do you really think united will pay them 20-30 grand a week - cos that is what they will be wanting!!

We need to get rid of some of the crap at united and set up again for next season i think, sod ward, cadimarteri etc etc- you can't keep everyone happy so instead of trying to do that and as a result having a VERY unstable team, he should sell the one's he doesn't want, pick his best 11 and then build around that, FFS- we have 13strikers- thats absolutly ridiculous!!!!

Warnock is not working at the minute, that much is perfectly clear BUT i don't think we would do any better with someone else in charge.

Originally posted by scottf

we have 13strikers- thats absolutly ridiculous!!!!

is there some strikers i dont know about here?

1 johnson

2 cadamarteri

3 gray

4 shaw

5 sharp (on loan)

6 beckett

7 ward

8 kabba

9 Forte (and he aint even really a striker)

10 tommy johnson

but yeah, there is far too many strikers,

i remember when tommy johnson came in and it was stated we would only played if badly needed, and then he leaves liddle on bench and plays johnson right wing

so he should go, along with cads, shaw, ward,

other johnson will leave in summer so then were down to 5,

2 of the other strikers are only youth teamers really, so that would be 3 experienced ones,

its not many really if you think of what could happen to be honest!

coming back to 2002/03 as somebody mentioned, i loved rob page, he was quality INSIDE our own box, but gives far too many free kicks outside it, in that sense he was a liability!!

i still think that we should sign gabbidon, or maybe even james colins, both would be avilable more cheaper than usual!

counago is still available too, im sick of mentioning this to be honest because this is such an obvious option for us!!

Archived