Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

ok , i may have gone over by a couple but u see what i mean - its absolutly stupid- if they sold some of them they couldsave the wages and use that to buy a player that we need!! like a central defender!!

Originally posted by scottf

ok , i may have gone over by a couple but u see what i mean - its absolutly stupid- if they sold some of them they couldsave the wages and use that to buy a player that we need!! like a central defender!!

Yeah every penny counts, Ward must be on a decent wage along with Shaw so that could save for 1 good defender if those two went. Let's see what happens at the end of the season, if we go up will we have a clear out to get in some good prem quality players? If we stay down and we get a new manager will he let players stay with a clean slate or will they be ruthless and get rid, problem is any 'normal' manager will be demanding money for players.

We won't go up, thats why im saying get rid of them now- when they are at there most valuble with other teams needing them!!! We simple have not got enough quality in the team at the moment with the way some of our good players are playing(tonge and harley are prime examples!) if everyone was on top form we would be up there- but suffering as we are- we just can't cope- we have lost our form and confidence.

Well beofre we all start thinking of next season we have another game tonight. Looks like it will be almost the same team as Sat but with Liddel and Kabba or Johnson in the starting line up.

Not looking forward to it to be honest, Warnock has put us down as underdogs for this game? Good mentallity to broadcast to the fans who are already on his back :loopy: Makes you fell like you want to stay in, but i'll be there like the loyal sucker/fan that I am. Anyone else going?

Originally posted by duffman

Well beofre we all start thinking of next season we have another game tonight. Looks like it will be almost the same team as Sat but with Liddel and Kabba or Johnson in the starting line up.

Not looking forward to it to be honest, Warnock has put us down as underdogs for this game? Good mentallity to broadcast to the fans who are already on his back :loopy: Makes you fell like you want to stay in, but i'll be there like the loyal sucker/fan that I am. Anyone else going?

well il be going anyway hopefully we can pull the win off against Preston they are going ok at the moment.. so if we find our form again we could close the gap a bit.. (hopeful blade)!!!!

If warnock actually starts DJ and kabba i think we will walk it tonight!!

BTW- did anyone else see the size of DJ'd throw- good to see that we don't have to bring bromby up everytime we need a long throw.

DJ has a good long throw, let's hope the blades use it better than they have used Bromby's.

What was good to see, was that when the ball went out of play for DJ's throw in, he actually ran after the ball out of play, pciked it up and took the throw in - to us looks like he's desperate to be involved and show what he can do - other than Harleys shot, nothing else was inspiring at Stoke.

The blades need to work on different ideas for free kicks - 3 free kicks outside the area - 3 times Harley hit it straight at the keeper.

AND why didn't Warnock change the set up when we went 2-0 down - only put Johnson on when Cads got injured.

Archived