Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Thats warnocks problem- he is tactically inept when it comes to the higher leagues- it was clear to me on saturday that unless he changed it we were never going to get close and yet he still persivered with the same team!!!!

DJ couldbe a good signing and he looks hungry- hope he gets a chance tonight to play!!!

We do not have the aggression to utilise long throws. Everytime Bromby throws it in no one attacks it, why would it be different when Johnson does it? Anyway it takes away a striker when he throws them, when Bromby comes up it gives that extra man in the box, but as I said no one attacks them well enough.

We miss Blackwell for free kick and corner situations, he was the mind behind them the other season. We're just too predictable in set pieces.

Even though we played most of our good players tonight, we still didn't do much in the second half. I wonder why Warnock has recently got scared of making substitutions until the last 5 minutes?

Thankfully we have managed to edge closer to the play-offs as the teams around us didn't play well tonight either.

You notice the crowd was turning against him (shouting SUB SUB SUB)

why does he always leave it untill 80 mins before he makes a change? - no chance for anyone to make an impact

Tonge had another minger

Originally posted by Gazza

You notice the crowd was turning against him (shouting SUB SUB SUB)

why does he always leave it untill 80 mins before he makes a change? - no chance for anyone to make an impact

Tonge had another minger

Hardly even noticed Tonge in the game.

The crowd would have been booing even if we had won. I do agree with Warnock that it would be better if some of the "fans" who boo all the way through would stay at home. Even if we do get promoted the fans would start booing if the Blades weren't right up near the top of the Premiership all next season lol.

What happened in midfield last night- we looked shocking- and kozluck would have played better sitting with me!!!!

Kabba- amazing, i was sat with all the students and they were all asking who he was!!!

But overall- not good enough again in the final 1/3rd- we defended will (mostly) and they didn't look like scoring for most of the second half but we just couldn't get it right when it counted.

Originally posted by Patchy

Even though we played most of our good players tonight, we still didn't do much in the second half. I wonder why Warnock has recently got scared of making substitutions until the last 5 minutes?

Thankfully we have managed to edge closer to the play-offs as the teams around us didn't play well tonight either.

Yes I believe we can thank Rotherham for beating reading aswell, I didn't go in the end I did my back in at home, but listend to it on the radio. Kabba sounded great so hope no one comes in for him at the end of the season, him and Gray look like they are forming a good partnership.

Originally posted by duffman

, him and Gray look like they are forming a good partnership.

Apart from gray looking like a bird with no wings- the man just doesn't do well in the air and gets hustled off the ball far too easy!!!!

Originally posted by scottf

Apart from gray looking like a bird with no wings- the man just doesn't do well in the air and gets hustled off the ball far too easy!!!!

Johnson did well in the air a few times i heard but of course we wont see him start with the looks of things for a while. Johnson and Kabba sounds good.

Originally posted by duffman

Johnson did well in the air a few times i heard but of course we wont see him start with the looks of things for a while. Johnson and Kabba sounds good.

DJ and kabs would be a GREAT starting line up but i don't think NW would drop gray if he had 3 broken legs!!!

Good to see kabs do nearly 90mins- he is looking faster and faster all the time and he was getting kicked around last night with no ill effects too!!!!

Archived