Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Originally posted by duffman

Hao Hoidong is a striker so that's 11. Jake Speight is on the books and on loan at Leigh RMI so that could be 12 along with Colin Marrison also at Leigh, 13?

very optimistic with the last 2 there lol

we could say that about most teams then, imagine how many strikers man utd have!!!

anyways.......... poor game again last night, i thought we started playing well once the first goal went in, but we came out quite crap in all honesty

Originally posted by Patchy

Hardly even noticed Tonge in the game.

The crowd would have been booing even if we had won. I do agree with Warnock that it would be better if some of the "fans" who boo all the way through would stay at home. Even if we do get promoted the fans would start booing if the Blades weren't right up near the top of the Premiership all next season lol.

agreed about tonge,

but as for the booing, none of it would have happened had we won, as you can take that from the first half!!

i never boo the team, never will either, but it is frustrating to see us play the samwe routine over and over,

kozzy crosses are looking as good as against port vale in 99

harley best player on pitch

kenny made a few excellent saves

bromby and jags did ok,

liddel not performing well still

gray did nothing except score a hand balled goal

johnson and shaw did nothing whilst on!!

and kabba dint do that much either really!!

monty, starting to win me over a little, but you know even if he plays well all game he is gonna **** up at some point in EVERY game!! only seems to be able to run in a straight line though, usually straight in to opposition

quinn was non existent either

I thought Kabba played very well, didn't think Gray did too well though apart from his good "hand" goal!

I though Johnson looked promising, but if he only comes on for the last five minutes it will take longer than that to get going properly in the game.

I Kabba hasn't suffered any injury from all that kicking he got last night, I think if I was Warnock I would start with Kabba and Johnson or Kabba and Beckett on Saturday, and if that doesn't work then make a substitution with at least 30 minutes left!

Well warnock want the fans backing for the rest of the season (has he not had that from the majority anyway?) making it sound like it will be our fault if we don't make the playoffs. Burnley on Saturday, wonder what changes in store we have for them? I heard we have only kept the same team twice, now surely we haven't been that unlucky with injuries and suspensions?

Why was cullip on the bench and not used? I f he is injured then he shouldn't be on the bench, we need jags in midfield and we saw that tuesday, Quinn and Jags make a great midfield but no we had to break it up and no explanation for it either :loopy:

Warnock seem's to think that it is the fans fault if we do not get into the playoffs.The Utd fans that pay week in week out have a right to voice there concerns if the team aren,t playing well or if his tactics are crap.I do not think we will make the playoffs as Warnock does not play a settled team & his constant mess about with the formation is going to confuse the team.According to Teletext Man City are going after Strachan not that I thought for 1 minute he would come to the Lane.Anyway hope we beat Burnley & Kabba gets a hat trick.UP THE BLADES

Well i'm shocked :o :o :o Warnock could name an unchanged squad for the game against Burnley, if he does it will be only the 3rd time or so he has done. However, this will mean a back four of Kozluk Bromby Jags Harley Well if Cullip is fit why keep him out, we want Jags in midfield.

We all live in hope

Well can you believe it Warnock does it again.United have allowed Luke Beckett to join Second Division outfit Oldham Athletic until the end of the season.Why not get rid of Ward & Cads,what is the matter with the guy,he buys someone who he say's can do well & loans him out for the rest of the season.I am sorry but Warnock is losing it.UP THE BLADES

oh dear, why do we bother?

He will be gone at the end of the season but we will still have Ward and shaw. I was listening to football heaven last night and all the Wednesday fans were calling for Beckett to go to them, I thought ha! He wont go now he may be played a lot more :loopy: wow was I wrong or what then? Well done neil you never cease to amaze me.

No doubt Warnocks reply will reply will be, we didn't want to let Forte go to Oldham so Beckett....Blah, blah!

Confirmed team for today

Kenny,

Kozluk, Bromby, Jagielka, Harley

Lidell, Montgomery, Quinn, Tonge

Kabba, Gray

Subs:Francis, Thirwell, Forte, Shaw, D. Johnson

So Cullip out completely, it is most likely he was injured against Preston. Burnley are of course without Chaplow and Blake after selling them, so they are a different prospect from the side that we drew 1-1 with. Let's just hope we don't make it hard for ourselves this time :suspect:

Archived