Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Originally posted by Agent ****

And like you say, there are other players who wont like sitting on the bench when they can walk straight into most other teams in the championship.

Or at least sit on the bench at a premiership club and earn more money

Morgan back in training & should be back for the Reading match.

Neil Warnock is one of a number of managers keeping tabs on Notts County defender Kelvin Wilson The 19-year-old has been mentioned as a possible target for a host of Premiership clubs as well as United and Crewe Alexandra in the Championship.

Wilson is expected to leave Meadow Lane in the summer with County hoping to get a deal worth around £1 million for the player.Can we afford a £1m for any player.Anyway I hope we get the win we so badly need against Reading but we always struggle against them & Forster is a decent striker who loves scoring against us.UP THE BLADES

Warnock won't get wilson, he likes his defence at the minute- even though he changes it most weeks.

Am confident about saturday, 3000 blades going down on free coaches from DTBL (still tickets left if anyone else is going) and the players have had a nice week in the sun so i think they will be up for it!!!!

Originally posted by kelly_owls

Warnock was at the Barnsley game keeping tabs on Michael Chopra (on loan from Newcastle, striker) and Chris Shuker (winger)

the link does not work

Well I was the lucky 1 I saw the older players from the early 70s,Currie,Hodgkinson,Woodward,Badger,Colqhoun,Dearden,Hockey Etc.They were a fantastic team Woody's shooting power on a par with Charlton.Gill Reece was my favourite along with Dearden,not gifted players but they gave 100% every match,Currie a great player but tended to wander in & out of the match.

Well Warnock does it again,he goes on for a week about Webber & plays him for 15 mins,whats the point in buying players & not playing them,Johnson as well if I was him I would tell Warnock to stuff it,it seems he is getting players just to stop other teams from getting them.A good point even though we were lucky at times,had a few decent chances.UP THE BLADES.

Disappointed with todays result but not surprised. We can't buy a goal away from home at the mo and I tend to think team selection and tactics are costing us dear and will see us miss out on the playoffs.

Examples: Tonge is well below his best of late, (so is Harley but I'd agree that we need to keep the latter in). However, Monty is well, Monty, and Gray tries. Why not give the likes of Beckett, Johnson, Forte, Francis or Webber a run from the off? It's gotta be better than bringing them on with 10mins to go. Although it goes against the grain a little I see the ex-owls lads as being our most consistent performers.

Having lost our way somewhat I believe we can trace this back to when Blackwell defected. I think we miss him as much if not more than Michael Brown.

With the continuing acquisition of halway decent players (rather than get one top class match winner) I keep getting a feeling of deja vue from the last days of the Bassett era.

Now I've got that off my chest I'd just like to add that come what may I'll be at BDTBLL every match and giving 100% vocal backing to all who pull on the shirt.

Now a question - does anyone know the name of the track that is played shortly before kick off? You know the dance type one that has a catchy and repetitive drum beat to it. I need to add this to the SUFC playlist on my MP3 player - its currently consists of Annies Song, United by Judas Priest, Can't help falling in Love with You, Theme from Star Wars, Ooops upside my head (Bob Booker - my hero!). Oh and if anyone has any other suggestions I'd welcome them.

"C'mon you Red and White Wizards............Ahhhhhhh!"

Archived