Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Originally posted by duffman

Edit: Just realised our winner was our first penalty all season in the league! Hoorah! [/b]

Yea, thought we should have at least one earlier today - at least two handball incidents that I spotted. Didn't see what the one given was for though and no-one appealed, including Warnock who isn't reknown for holding back. Ideas anyone?

Not complaining though, unlike Holloway the QPR boss! He went ballistic at the end of the match - made Warnock look almost angelic.

One final comment - the match programme states remember family club no swearing etc. Has anyone thought of showing Neil a copy? During the first half particularly he was f***ing this :rant: and that :rant: at the top of his voice. I know he's passionate but so am I and I don't use that language when there are kids within earshot. :suspect:

Agree that back dosent look that secure - Cullip being missed? Despite my reservations about him though Monty did okay today. Harley slightly better than of late but still nowhere near his best. Liddel was poor by his standards but guess he's still suffering a knock. Webber was class.

As for QPR one question is ****tu an abbreviation of brick ****(T)hoUse?

Well it's Forest on Tuesday,we should beat them easily, but most of the teams in the bottom half of the table we have played poor against them.Then it's Derby on Friday,well that will be 3 games in 6 day's,I hope we we beat them but I would settle for a convincing win at Forest & a draw against Derby.There was talk of Neil Cox coming to the lane from Watford but he could not agree personal terms.Forest 0 - 5 Utd & Utd 1-1 Derby.Up The Blades

I would be worried if we don't beat Forest on Tuesday, but if we win on Tuesday than I wouldn't say our play-off hopes are over if we were to get beaten by Derby. Derby are probably the most dangerous team of all the games we've got left. Having said that, we have done well in all the televised games this season so hopefully we will do well against Derby too.

Nice one Blades, good to see you near enough to the playoffs, maybe this is your year???

Can't say I know what you got the penalty for though, I have to say Danny Grebber looks like a class act.

Good to hear you ain't too confident with your defence, two Wednesday rejects, what do you expect?? Our defence has always been our weakest asset!!

Originally posted by kelly_owls

Nice one Blades, good to see you near enough to the playoffs, maybe this is your year???

Can't say I know what you got the penalty for though, I have to say Danny Grebber looks like a class act.

Good to hear you ain't too confident with your defence, two Wednesday rejects, what do you expect?? Our defence has always been our weakest asset!!

The names WEBBER & don't you forget it K LOL

Originally posted by kelly_owls

I love bitter wednesday fans. Especially when they haven't got a clue what they're talking about.

2 wednesday rejects in our defence- apart from bromby i can't name another?? and they wern't rejects- they left because wednesday couldn't afford to keep them- fact!!!

Well another good result altho we played badly throughout the whole game, harley,jags, kozzy and liddle ALL had shockers, altho morgan did well against santos and webber looked like the man we have been missing all season. i still don't think we are good enough at marking- especially when the ball is in open play- we need someone like stancliffe to organise them- i just don't think morgan is clever enough to do it AND mark his man at the same time, BUT- if we keep on grinding them results out who knows!!

Slippery one tomorrow at forest - anyone else going? Just been down to BDTBL to get my ticket, am worried because forest are down now and they will be playing for pride and i hope we don't get stung.

Derby on friday should be tasty- IF we can stop there attack we have a chance but they are onstoppable away from home this season and we will have to be at the top of our game to beat them.

anyway- the blades go marching on on on!!!!!!!

Archived